Interplay - Latest Financials

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Interplay has lodged their latest 10-K with the SEC, showing $1.1M in the bank but $1M due to Atari on March 31st (so, presumably now overdue). They have four employees - three in admin/finance (it's hard work keeping those books straight) and a lone Jason Anderson in Engineering. Despite this, Jason has apparently been very busy with 5 titles "in the early stages of development". FOOL remains their primary focus and they continue to search for $30M in financing for the development.
Thanks, BN!
More information.

Wrong link.

This sounds very bizarre.

If I remember correctly I even lost some money on Interplay shares a long time ago (when they were still worth something). Too bad that such a fine complany has to end like this. They really had a name in the early days of computer gaming.

They've hired more people since. Don't know the exact size of their staff, but it's more than 3.

Those 3 people overhead are Herve Caen, Eric Caen and Michel Welter. They've been around for some time, trying to drag Interplay back kicking and screaming.

And obviously, the "5 projects" thing shouldn't be taken seriously.

If they have only $100k in liquid capital to work with, then I'd HOPE they had three guys in admin / finance who will make getting money their primary focus.

I really hope this pans out. Fallout Online would be... tremendous.

Sorry about the link.

But you could file it under "fiction" anyway, so no great matter. ;)

"Under development" probably consists of five ideas scribbled on a napkin. "Hey, we own Earthworm Jim and Dark Alliance...what if we did an action/RPG with Earthworm Jim as the lead character. That's #1".

@Jay, seriously? From Interplay? Look, I'll give Herve Caen credit for being one of the world's great business cockroaches - he'd survive a nuclear holocaust. But capable of raising enough capital and making a good MMO?

Since he paid himself $500k last year - on hold until the company has a net worth of $1M, as soon as he gets this financing in place he pays himself a few million and the deal will crap out over the next two years. Don't go near it.

"Under development" probably consists of five ideas scribbled on a napkin. "Hey, we own Earthworm Jim and Dark Alliance...what if we did an action/RPG with Earthworm Jim as the lead character. That's #1".

I'd add an "Well, Bioware does it with Sonic, so why not with Earthworm Jim as well ?"

Back
Top Bottom