Planescape: Torment - Mods @ Spellhold Studios

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Spellhold Studios is hosting three new Planescape: Torment mods, as explained in this post from their front page:
The Planescape: Torment Fixpack is a comprehensive WeiDU Fixpack for Black Isle’s classic Planescape: Torment CRPG. Fixing literally hundreds of bugs and thousands of typos, thereby restoring a lot of lost and inactive content, the PS:T Fixpack (along with PS:T Unfinished Business and Qwinn’s PS:T Tweak Pack) provides a completely new Planescape: Torment experience! Click here for a list of the most important fixes, as well as further information on the mod itself.
Planescape: Torment Unfinished Business takes the almost-but-not-quite-finished content that shipped with Black Isle’s classic Planescape: Torment CRPG and polishes, bugfixes and finishes it so you can see and enjoy the new content in your game! With 14 components in the first release, this mod is a must-have for anyone interested in seeing what the developers didn’t get time to do--or even if you’re just looking for some new content! Click here for information on each of the compenents and further information on the mod itself.
Qwinn’s Planescape: Torment Tweaks adds a few ease-of-use tweaks to your Planescape: Torment install, as well as one or two must-have components! Including a banter accelerator, ease-of-use tweaks and several content changes, this is an extremely useful mod for any player. Click here for information on each of the compenents and further information on the mod itself.
More information.

Just started my Planescape replay last night so this is extremely appropriate for me. The game is running just fine on XP so far, and actually looks better than some newer games. I usually don't play mods, but the idea of restored content is always appealing.

If you do install them let us know how it goes. I've tried mods before and been privy to them crashing the game before I'm off the slab and out the first door. I'm very interested on the fixing of the game and freeing the bugged content though as I'll be playing this again after I've explored Hyboria.

I've never had any problems with Platter's fixpack.

I DL'd the SKARV fixpack when I did my first install but it was beyond my limited level of skills--I can move files around, but what I got when I extracted was about a dozen folders and individual files with instructions that were over my head (which isn't hard to do) about what to put where & when. Which explains why I don't usually play with mods.

The one quoted in this newsbit has much clearer directions. I may or may not try this depending on how my game goes--it's running fine atm.

Back
Top Bottom