Star Wars: Attack Squadrons

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well those of you wanting a new Star Wars: TIE Fighter game may enjoy a new game called Star Wars:Attack Squadrons. The negative side is the game will be F2P.

Who didn't see this coming a mile away.:roll:

Website Link-http://www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com/

Last edited:
I mean, I don't care if it's F2P if it's good, but will it be? I highly doubt it'll be like Xwing or Xwing vs. Tie fighter, it'll probably be just an arcady shooter. I wonder if it's only multiplayer or if there is a single player campaign like in the Xwing series. If so, where the money will come from?

First game I've ever seen where you can sign up to be an "exclusive" beta tester yet they don't even say what platform(s) the game will be on.

I've got a really bad feeling about this.

I mean, I don't care if it's F2P if it's good, but will it be? I highly doubt it'll be like Xwing or Xwing vs. Tie fighter, it'll probably be just an arcady shooter. I wonder if it's only multiplayer or if there is a single player campaign like in the Xwing series. If so, where the money will come from?

F2P means it needs to answer the "where the money will come from" question right away - and that has a significant impact on gameplay choices.

Not thrilled, but will likely give it a shot.

Unfortunately it is online.
I had hoped for an offline game.
Oh, my.

It's hard to make any offline game nowadays.
Especially offline flight sims.

The only offline games I know of are created by Indies or by middle-tier companies.

Well I have sad news for those that where interested in the game. It seems Disney has pulled on the plug on the game this week. So it will not be released now.

Link- http://www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com/

We want to thank all of the fans who participated in the closed beta of Star Wars: Attack Squadrons. After much consideration, we have decided to cease development so that we can focus on other Star Wars game experiences. We truly appreciate the time you spent engaging in the beta.

Good.
Can we get singleplayer Kotor 3 now please?

Back
Top Bottom