The Witcher 2 - Enhanced Edition Changelog

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Still catching up on old items...CDPR has posted the lengthy changelog for The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition - minus the big new features. The list runs to 102 items over two posts so it's too big for inclusion here but head to Part 1 and Part 2 to see if the bug/tweak you are most interested in has been addressed:
As promised, this weekend we are letting the cat out of the bag by publishing the Enhanced Editon changelog. Of course this is just a list of fixes and amendments and it doesn't show off all the new elements and features to be added on April 17. To get the full picture of what's coming next month, stay tuned for more daily updates from the RED team.
More information.

Well yeah, but you can always reload ;)

Seriously though, lots of nice fixes there and Quen was probably too much of an exploit… (I would not know though as I haven't invested in it on my first playthrough)

Quen was definitely too powerful, though developers tend to go overboard when nerfing popular abilities. Hope it doesn't end up being worthless.

"Quen Sign" ? "The sign of the queen" ?

No de-consolized the interface? Maybe it's still coming as one of the big announcements but I was waiting for this patch to do a second play through, hoping they'd fix the interface like they did for TW1:EE, but the game wasn't fun enough to play again with that clunky interface.

14. ‘Position’ ability at level 2 now multiplies damage dealt to back by zero.
Eh, that must be a mistake. It would mean attacks from behind do NO damage. That can't be true. I'm guessing this ought to say that attacks from behind do no extra damage.

Quen didn't seem overpowered to me, but I played on Hard. I'll probably just go with Normal difficulty on my second playthrough anyways.

Quen was my favorite from the first game. Oh well. I'll finally get and play this with the "enhancements" for my first time when I get my new laptop. Should be able to handle the prettys on max settings (I hope).

I'm hoping for:

1. some optimization to improve frame rate
2. slightly more responsive controls
3. better A.I. pathing for enemies (so they don't stop chasing you if you take one step backward).

Huge fan of Witcher 1 and I pre-ordered Witcher 2 way back in 2010.

Unfortunately, due to these three problems I got bored with the game in the Flotsam forest area and stopped playing after about 10-15 hours. Hopefully I can start it up again after April 17 and get back into it.

Should be able to handle the prettys on max settings (I hope).

My laptop can handle every game I've ever tried on max settings at 1080p and deliver acceptable frame rate except for Crysis, Metro2033 and Witcher 2.

To run Witcher 2 on max settings at 1080p you need a dual GPU desktop setup. (Ubersampling was designed specifically for SLI/Crossfire setups.)

Even on the absolute lowest possible settings Witcher 2 runs like a slideshow, often dipping below 20fps. Hopefully they improved the optimization for the enhanced edition.

Quen was my favorite from the first game. Oh well. I'll finally get and play this with the "enhancements" for my first time when I get my new laptop. Should be able to handle the prettys on max settings (I hope).

That will have to be one very expensive and beefy laptop to play witcher 2 maxed out.

Hopefully one of these may be sufficient, or I will wait for a new model:

HP EliteBook 8760w Mobile Workstation i7-2920XM Processor, NVIDIA Quadro 5010M, 8GB, 2x 750GB Hard Drives

or

Dell Precision M6600 Mobile Workstation Intel i7 2920XM, 8GB, Dual 750GB 7200RPM Hard Drives, Quadro 4000m Graphics

I don't like the short 1080 screen, which is downgrade form my current 1920x1200 laptop, but I may have to live with it. I also get to learn Win 7. :/

HP EliteBook 8760w Mobile Workstation i7-2920XM Processor, NVIDIA Quadro 5010M, 8GB, 2x 750GB Hard Drives

or

Dell Precision M6600 Mobile Workstation Intel i7 2920XM, 8GB, Dual 750GB 7200RPM Hard Drives, Quadro 4000m Graphics

I don't like the short 1080 screen, which is downgrade form my current 1920x1200 laptop, but I may have to live with it. I also get to learn Win 7. :/

The Quadro 5010m is certainly quite powerful, comparable to the AMD 6970m or NVIDIA 670m.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-Quadro-5010M.47195.0.html

However, Witcher 2's "ubersampling" mode is designed for dual GPU desktop systems.

You might be able to max it out forgoing the ubersampling. Honestly, apart from AA, most of the other settings such as texture quality, shadows, AF, etc., didn't really affect the frame rate very much. It was a slideshow for me either way.

You might want to hold off on your purchase for a couple months, though - I believe HP is about to update most of its laptops with Ivy Bridge.

or

The quadro 5010m is powerful but not really geared towards gaming, although it will do quite well. I assume you are getting it for or from work.

Not sure if it will be able to max out the witcher 2 though. I ran it on a Sb overclocked to 4.8ghz and 2 480 gtx overclocked in sli. I still had a few hiccups with uber-sampling.

Anandtech has a review with some gaming benchmarks. 17 fps in metro 2033 with maxed settings. Don't have that game so not sure how it compare with the witcher 2.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4673/hp-elitebook-8760w-color-so-dreamy
It does seem like a very nice laptop though and should have no problem playing the witcher 2. Just not sure about max settings.

Thinking about it wasn't the witcher 2 highly cpu dependent as well. I thought I heard that somewhere but I could be mistaken.

@Count

Nice link there. I am going to remember that website. Thanks!

I can live with little to no AA at max resolution on a smallish laptop screen. Standard laptop gaming compromise I make that my lousy eyes are fine with. ;)

I won't be getting the upgrade until May, so hopefully I can get a better model then. Crossing my fingers…

@sakichop

Nice. The anandtech analyses have become even more thorough than before. I didn't think they were going in THAT direction. Thanks for the link!

And yes, it will be a work laptop (buries head), otherwise I definitely would pick a different GPU. Funny, it probably will be worth more than my car. :p

Last edited:
They seem to have changed the combat balance quite a bit with the last 3-4 patches. Not just the numbers but mostly the way you're supposed to be fighting groups.

Back
Top Bottom