What games are you playing now?

The Mark of Chaos on-line campaign Storm of Chaos has swallowed me whole. o_O I made the mistake of offering to help out on some of the admin and you know what they say: no good deed goes unpunished. ;)

Any of you WFB fans should head over and check it out. There's even a bit of "role playing" going on in the forums. :)

linky

I decided to give Baldur's Gate II yet another shot. I've never made it past a few hours into the game yet; perhaps this time will finally prove different. I made a Wild Mage/Wizard; perhaps that'll put the magic in it that everybody assures me should be there...

I've been chasing Cm around GW-Nightfall. For an online game, it can get pretty addictive when playing with someone else!! I bought it and Eye of the North in a half price sale and since there are no fees to play, it's been a worthwhile investment.

A few weeks ago I found the game "Virtual Villagers" on CD-ROM in a shop of an electronics chain ... Today I bought it and take a look at it (it's already installed) :)

I didn't quite understand what the install program with "activating" means ... is there an internet connection necessary ???

Last edited:
Well, aside from finishing Dungeon Lords, still playing Divine Divinity, playing some of Unreal Gold, Betrayal at Krondor and trying to get going on Sins of a Solar Empire on the PC, I have also been doing a significant amount of Mac gaming - KotOR and NWN2 and Enemy Territory Quake Wars, and also fiddling with Crossover Games which is a Wine-like game enabling system for running PC games on a Mac ... but it wouldn't run Wiz 8, ToEE or BG1 properly.

On the PSP it is all Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII and on the DS it is Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer. Cool stuff both.

I'm hooked to the Virtual Villagers. ;)

Virtual Villagers 2 is even better. I had a good time w/ it, but once i had solved both games I uninstalled it. You could theoretically keep a village going forever, but once all the objectives and secrets have been done it's hard for me to keep interest. Theyre fun games tho, cant wait for part 3

I'm just starting to play the Warhammer 40k Soulstorm expansion, using the Sisters is fun tho Ive been just running a couple games on easy against a pc to explore the tech tree and units and all that. The girlfriend and school thing have been monopolizing my free time. Actually have been spending more time looking around for info on them and watching replays than anything, there's some interesting ones at gamereplays.org

Trying to finish up Ultima IX. Brutal, but I need to do it. After that, probably replay NWN2 OC or start MotB.

After reading this board, I've had a desire to give NWN1 a shot again, but I'm not so sure.

Just finished Geneforge 1... so now I'm moving on to Might and Magic IX...

I've installed the TELP patch and I'm a couple of hours in. So far I'm enjoying it. We'll see after about 15 hours or so... I know it's on many people's "most hated" list... but I just have to give it a chance. I also have the urge to replay MM6 and MM7 as well...

... and I have NWN2:MotB waiting for me to play it... and the other 3 Geneforge games... and Avernum 5... and... well... you get it...

So many RPGs... so little time :)

Good luck with IX, narpet. I really did try to play it, but it was just meh. I'm in the midst of a MM6 replay at the moment, and loving it. Though in some ways MM7 was a lot more polished game, with a lot of character development improvements, light and dark paths and so forth, MM6 just never fails to suck me in. :)

Well, I did finally finish Ultima IX. I figured as bad as the game was, at least maybe the ending would be worth it. Nope. I think I'm going to brainwash myself into thinking the series ended with Serpent Isle!

Playing BG1 in TuTu. 5 minutes in and I was addicted all over again!

As I said in another thread, I've been sucked back into M&M6 too. This is at least my 4th playthrough and it's still a blast to play.

Playing M&M6 for the first time.

It's fantastic.

After that, I think I'm gonna start number 7.

... found out that the official first campaign of NWN1 contains as an Easter Egg a relation to a character of the Asterix comics ... ;)

In a book apparently written by a Driud ... well, the book was - as the book in-game states - written by a Druid named "Getafix". He is this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurring_characters_in_Asterix#Getafix
Unfortunately, on this page he's the only one without a picture.

But he is listed here: http://www.answers.com/topic/recurring-characters-in-asterix

I found this quite funny. :)

Well... I was actually enjoying Might and Magic IX... except for the fact that it is extremely touchy under Vista. There is a problem where when you load a game, or load any new area the screen freezes at the loading picture. The game is actually still running, you just can't see what's going on.

I scoured the net and found out that the only known workaround is to alt-tab out of the game and then alt-tab back in, which "usually" fixes the problem, and you can continue on with your game.

That was working fine for the first several hours. But now, no matter how many times I alt-tab back and forth I can't get the screen to refresh to the game... so I guess I'm screwed. I spent an hour trying to get it to work, to no avail...so...

On to Might and Magic VII. I've really been wanting to play it again, and now is the perfect time. I'm actually bummed out that I can't continue with IX, because I was actually having fun... but I'm excited to be playing VII... and it runs great in Vista so far!

Did you try compatibility mode for 9?

Did you try compatibility mode for 9?

Yep... tried compatibility for 95/98, XP and 2000... same problem with all. I tried turning on and off all of the options and nothing made any difference.

If you have any ideas let me know... I would really like to continue playing it if I could... I was having quite a bit of fun with it. Not sure if TELP's patch had anything to do with that or not (the fun, that is).

I didn't try running it without TELP's patch installed, but from my research on the web, I don't think that will make a difference.

I'm playing VII now... it's a blast... but like I said, if anyone has any idea on how to get IX to work I would really appreciate it :)

I finally exhausted the Nethergate : Resurrection demo (it took a while - I was using it as my coffee break game) and sprang for the full version. Enjoying it immensely.

I like that it has opportunities for full party wipeout in even the more n00bish dungeons - but mainly if you are determined to make risky decisions.

The shrine eminates evil...
(player moves closer)
No, seriously, it emanates a shitload of evil; this might not be the best idea...
(players grits teeth, moves closer)
Okay, your funeral. Three Mighty Lords of Super Badassness materialise. Game-save reload imminent!

I also like the small attempts at moral ambiguity. Should you feel okay about slaughtering that goblin village? Is it okay that "lighting the wicker man" means more than just a barbecue and a sing-a-long?

Some parts are perhaps too whimsical (e.g. the talking spiders), but overall I'm rather liking the setting and the story. Perhaps more so than Avernum's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom