Things you don't need to know...

Au contraire mon amie; I'm highly educated and I NEVER ignore Australia!! :p :)

OK.

pibbur who for the time, like some (more or less educated) people not living there, is ignoring Australia and therefore won't mention that the native Australian longhair plumegrass (where do they get those names) has become naturalised in Hawai.

I'm moderately educated and ignore Australian politics and cinema, but otherwise find the place quite interesting.

Pibbur's - I think you guys might be experiencing an identity crisis, have you considered that perhaps you're an Australian in a Norwegian's body? There's no shame in it, the world's full of latent Australians (particularly New Zealand).

Last edited:
Good point, almost everyone in NZ wants to be an Aussie, even (or especially) the sheep!! :)

Good point, almost everyone in NZ wants to be an Aussie, even (or especially) the sheep!! :)

So, hereafter we can (safely) refer to New Zealanders as Ozzie wannabes?

pibbur who is a pibbur wannabe. Or a pibbur. Depending on his mood.

I'm moderately educated and ignore Australian politics and cinema, but otherwise find the place quite interesting.

Pibbur's - I think you guys might be experiencing an identity crisis, have you considered that perhaps you're an Australian in a Norwegian's body? There's no shame in it, the world's full of latent Australians (particularly New Zealand).

We are pibbur!

pibbur who admits that he, like many others has an evil twin hidden in his personality. So maybe, your're right. Maybe there is an Australian somewhere inside him.

So, hereafter we can (safely) refer to New Zealanders as Ozzie wannabes?

pibbur who is a pibbur wannabe. Or a pibbur. Depending on his mood.

Now that is a brave statement! As a former NZ Prime Minister said when asked about the exodus of Kiwis to Oz "New Zealanders who leave for Australia raise the IQ of both countries."

Says Hurls who is a (slightly) educated Aussie

Proven fact; if you walk into any room in Oz with a large group of people and say Baaa.... (like a sheep), all the Kiwis will stop and come over to say Hello!! :)

Going to Australia, huh? But National-Hero-who-I've-never-heard-about Iswahyudi, dissatisfied with life in Australia, took a rubber boat back to Indonesia, probably while singing "I'm gonna get you on a slow boat to Indonesia".

pibbur who is a bit troubled by, although in this case attenuated by Indonesian history, the seemingly unstoppable flood of down-under references, coming up again and again. And again. Never ceasing. However, this is the thread of useless information. So….

Wikipedia has more from Monmouth (se paged 14), despite it not being in A… Aus … Au… that Thing down under. Now we learn that their methodist churce was set back behind the houses along St James Street by law.

pibbur who is surprised that the Welsh name for said town is Trefynwy as there are relatively speaking few consonants in that name. And who as promised saw the Carpenter Thing today on blu-ray.

Get Married 2 is an Indonesian movie, but they don't fool us, we know about the very close relations between Indonesia and the entity (which shall not be mentioned) down under. It was released not long after its director (HB among friends) got married. For the second time, obviously.

pibbur who knows how to use soap properly.

A bit uncanny this one, but:

Poet Iolo Morganwg of Flemingston learned to read by watching his father carve words on tombstones.

pibbur who has heard the last of laughing Kefka, at least he hopes he has.

Last edited:
Two classics for you today and one slightly naughty, I won't tell you which one

- Australia won the 2005 Women's Cricket World Cup Final by 98 runs from India, clinching their fifth World Cup title.

- Brushstrokes was the first component of Roy Lichtenstein's Brushstrokes series.

- When first noted, arsenoclasite appeared very similar to sarkinite (not pictured), but with one perfect cleavage.

pibbur who thought he had decided to ignore Australia.

You ignore Australia at your peril!! :) (And you DO need to know that!!) :p

The next Venus transit is planned for December 2117,

Ununquadium and uunhexium have finally got their official names: Flerovium (Fl) and livermorium (Lv).

pibbur who actually wants to know things like the last one, BUT NOT THE FIRST!! And who is sorry because IUPAC once again refused to consider "pibburium" (Pi).

Last edited:
Someone may actually find the following interesting or at least amusing, but I hope those are in the minority. Australian fanboys may safely ignore this.

The feature film Tortoise in Love was entirely crowd funded from the village of Kingston Bagpuize and Southmoor. The story seems a bit complicated, involving a microbiologist who wants to be a gardener in stead of a microbiologist, and who wants to get romantically involved with a Polish woman who wants to be an au pair, and since his ability to get things done leaves much to be desired, the village wants to help implementing said romantic involvement.

pibbur who is alive and kicking

Back
Top Bottom