The Witcher - Voice Samples

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The new Witcher site (thanks to those who set me straight about a html version of the new site) has three voice samples on offer from the English recordings:
We know that many of you have been waiting to hear Geralt speaking English. Today is the day. We are very interested in your opinion about our witcher speaking the language of Shakespeare. The samples can be found here 1, 2, 3.
More information.

the voice sounds great and really fitting

It sounds ok, but not great... oh god, why didn't hey hire simon templemann?

Is that the same dude who did Garrett in Thief III: Deadly Shadows? Kinda sounds like it...

I would have imagined an older voice for Geralt (maybe because of the white/gray hair). The guy who spoke the role of Reverend Ray in Call of Juarez would have seemed much more fitting IMHO.

Liked the first two samples--hard to tell them apart, actually-- but they sounded intelligent and slightly edgy; the last one just sounds a bit mechanical to me. But they certainly surpass the level of many translated games( Beyond Divinity, anyone?) :)

Edit: Thank God for the html site link!

it's definately not stephen russell though i'm hoping we do get to hear his voice in bioshock since after all he has quite a history with ken levine. the only 'foreign' game he's voiced to my knowledge is arx fatalis.

i think the voice sounds fiting for the witcher. its got a dark almost vampiric quality to it and i'm sure he's voiced other games.

Is that the same dude who did Garrett in Thief III: Deadly Shadows? Kinda sounds like it...

No, I dont think so (though its been a year since I last played Thief III).

Not bad, but i imagined Geralt would have more harsh voice.

It sounds ok, but not great... oh god, why didn't hey hire simon templemann?

I second that, and with clear resemblence between Geralt and Kain it would've sounded familiar

I for one think the voice matches the look of the character perfectly. *applauds*

Back
Top Bottom