Let's Play Venetica

Just an update to say that after a brief slowdown due to RL (tm) the series is being updated again. (Note to any LPers - don't try to do both a video and a screenshot *1 LP of the same game)

Episode 24 - Plot! The Net of the Mask has a funny definition of 'Secret Society'! Dodgy dealings in front of the Persian Trade House!

Comments on this section - not being able to tell Tusker about the dead guard seems a majour oversight, but on the other hand he is a slimy bastard.

More annoying is that I seem to have missed a Gate Statue and its attendant skill - hoping that I'll find it in the Arsenal district which I unlocked at the end of this session.

*1 Running on RPG.net's video games forum

Episode 27 - Another boss fight.

I like these - the first half of them require tactics outside the norm without forcing you to play the game in a completely different way than you've been doing so for the past few hours (Devil may cry, I'm looking at your space harrier-esq boss fight), and the second half re-enforces how grotesque the Undead Five are with a literal representation of their spirit.

I've finally started this game. I'm pretty early on but I really like it so far. I like the art style, kind of cartoony but not overly so, and the Italian landscape. It's a nice change of pace.

@Tragos, I thought I'd been really good about shutting up during cutscenes - they just sometimes catch me by suprise - I think I was worse at it early on. The Jumping action (assuming you mean the cuts between bits of scene) tends to be to either cut out backtracking or because nothing really interesting happened except killing a few people - they've been pointed out by other people, so I've tried to reduce them, or use better linking segments and explanatory text.

Anyway, thanks for watching, and if you could point out any particular bits that struck you as really bad I'd appreciate it.

@Motoki, yeah, it's got a real Euro-comic feel to the character design.

I'm intending to do a 'Competant version' of episode 27 - where I don't spend 6 minutes *1 running around cluelessly trying every weapon in my arsenal.

*1 Cut down to 1 minute 30 by the magic of Yakety Sax

@Madcat you got many skills and buffs off screen an also missed the 2nd sewer monster, i am a great fan of LP videos yours is cool to watch but i think you should already have finish the game once before recording so we didnt had to watch game's most epic fight with BH's music.

By special request…

Character progression - A run through of Scarlett's spells and weapon skills so far
Scarlett vs. Hector - this time with less Yakety Sax and more knowing what I'm doing.

I don't have a save I can get back to for the second sewer monster, but really it was just like the first one except I didn't get hurt at all.

thats a proper way of defeating monsters !
For some reason that guy reminds me of the warewolf in VtM:B , imune to damage enemies are kind of dissapointing , specially when you have to use alternative mechanics to beat them; at least in the spirit world fight was glorious.
Thank you for uploading, i am buying the game and waiting for the next episode .

Birds line looks like a waste of skill points , at the other hand alchemy is umm , with self made healing potions it looks like you can breeze throught the game .

edit: digital version is not availble in gamersgate or gog :(

It's not a primary attack by any means, but I do find the Ravens quite good for wearing down enemies before they get to me.

Myrthos posted some impressions when the XBox version came out. AFAIR he thought the port was solid. Nothing serious to complain about.

The PS3 version came a year later. It includes a couple of small improvements.

I enjoyed this game so much that 6 months after i finished it, i'm now on my second play through. I realize some of you havn't finished the game so no spoilers other than it's worth finishing, Nothing epic but like DKS just darn enjoyable to play all the way around, My only complaint is the same complaint i have with most all RPG's other than PB's and thats accessability, areas i can see and should be able to explore but cannot. Despite this, It makes my list of only a handful of games iv'e played more than once.

Up and running again after a semi-hiatus what with trips to France and so on.

Episode 29
In which Scarlett rescues a rather vengeful noblewoman, and does some last minute shopping before heading to the Arsenal District

Episode 30
In which Scarlett is given a warm welcome to the picturesque Arsenal district

Episode 31
Scarlett climbs some stairs! And learns to talk to dead people.

Episode 32
Scarlett climbs more stairs, finds her true calling as a lift repair woman and tricks some locals into slaving away in her village's copper mines.

Episode 33
Scarlett learns some skills and talks to dead people.

Episode 34
In which Scarlett runs like the wind!

Episode 35
Scarlett discovers where Sophistos' body has been taken. Also, we finally visit the Ambrosial Lotus.

Back
Top Bottom