Fallout - 1 & 2 Engine Tweaks

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A rather cool item over at NMA where a Morrowind/Oblivion modder named Timeslip was added some neat tweaks to the Fallout engine:
The first thing it changes is gameplay speed. Running from one side of new reno to the other for the hundredth time gets a bit boring, so you can set up some keyboard keys to modify the speed to anywhere between 0.5x and 10x normal. It affects running speed and combat, but not the world map, sound, movies or talking heads.

The second thing is that there's no option to play fallout in a window, so I added a windowed mode. It messes up if you scroll the window around, but it makes alt-tabbing, working with two monitors and taking screenshots a lot easier.

Lastly, scrolling through the inventory gets a bit cumbersome if you have lots of stuff in it, so I tweaked it to let you use the mouse scroll wheel as well as the normal controls.

I've only tested it with the copy of fallout2.exe that comes with megamod 2, but it should work with a normal v1.02 US version too.
----
This one adds the option to make the middle mouse button do something useful, frame skipping in windowed mode and a way to force DirectInput into background mode.
Timeslip Fallout engine tweaks and Fallout 2 engine tweaks. The source code has also been released, so head over to NMA for more links if you are interested.
More information.

Timeslip is a god as far as I'm concerned. I can't tell you how much enjoyment this guy has personally brought to my gaming life. Thanks again Timeslip!

What a pleasure to be able to scroll down in the (awful) inventory using the mouse wheel, ahhh...

@Thomas: Do you think this will work with german version also?

@Thomas: Do you think this will work with german version also?

Don't know, but I can only assume "yes," since it is an engine modifier and the engine of the German Fallout is the same as that of any other Fallout.

Killap's going to include this tweak in to his next unofficial patch. His patch is always a good recommendation

Back
Top Bottom