Kivi's Underworld - Postmortem, Price-drop

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Steven Peeler from Soldak writes in about a postmortem blog post on their casual action/RPG, Kivi's Underworld. They have also droped the price on the game to $9.99. Here's a sample:
And the part everyone actually wants to read, The Bad:
1) We made it - I know that's a strange statement. What I mean is that it was a mistake for Soldak to make the game. It's a game that would have been better for a different company to make. If you play the "which of these things doesn't fit game" with our 3 games everyone is going to choose Kivi. Other than being an action RPG (sort of), it's not very much like our other two games. It doesn't have much randomness, it doesn't have a dynamic world, it's not a hardcore game, and it's not very deep. It's not really a problem that it is different. The problem is that it doesn't fit what our Depths of Peril gamers wanted and the new gamers that we did bring in didn't stick around because our other games don't match their expectations either. Basically they are two very different crowds with very different expectations and we can't really please both of them.
More information.

That is harsh. Never saw this company before. Anyone know what game engine they are using? Not that I am graphics whore but looks pretty strange.

Back
Top Bottom