The Mandate - The Captain's Holomap

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Eurogamer made a developer diary video available of The Mandate showing how to plan your combat using the Captain's Holomap.

The developer of science-fiction role-playing game The Mandate has released a new video showing how you plan space combat.

You can interact with your crew for quests and story, fight space battles, storm enemy ships and explore a galaxy "that reacts to your choices". The Mandate has been compared to BioWare's Mass Effect series.

More information.

Very impressive and well done. The transition between the map and actual space is very well made.

Look forward to playing this 'mount and blade' in space, and glad I backed it.

I am really starting to look forward to this. Look interesting.

It reminds me a bit of homeworld but better due to the map feature. Naturally this is more rpg than rts but the map feature looked reallyneat and well thought out...

I think I'll be glad I backed this one.

Speaking of Mount & Blade, I just saw they have a complete port of Warband available for very select Android devices. It seems a gamepad is required at the moment, but I found a post by one of the devs that made it sound like they were working on touch controls and planned to release it on more tablets. I finally broke down and got a tablet, and I would very much like to play Warband on it. :)

In other Android news discovered while messing around with my new tablet, I Googled my way across a tweet from Trent Oster just today, saying his guy is currently moving the beta of Baldur's Gate:EE to Google Play.

I would also like to play Baldur's Gate, both of them, on my new tablet. Sorry to derail the thread. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom