Vista compatibility list

MasterLich

Watchdog
Hello,

just an idea: as many of us are playing RPG's that were made a long, long time ago, would there be any interest in creating for example a sticky in the Tech forum about known problems + solutions concerning some older RPG's and running them on Vista? I don't have Vista yet myself (planning to get a new rig soon), but I know there are some compatibility problems. Also, I know that DosBox runs a lot of games, but we don't have a Win95box yet...(or we have, but it's for Linux) and I've heard that several installation problems are hanging on Vista even before running the game.

This would also give an overall idea for people like me of what to expect when upgrading the operating system to Vista (eventually inevitable, I believe).

The format could be as simple as gamename -> Vista version -> problem -> solution (or link to solution, or no solution yet).

I, for one, would be happy to contribute to this list when I get some new hardware and an OS. And please don't ask me why I want to upgrade to Vista.

EDIT: Sorry, should have put it under the sticky "feature requests", feel free to move.

Last edited:
Thats sounds like a great idea. It could also help people avoid swtching to vista if there is absolutley no value or reason for them to switch. If you can't run dosbox in vista I would have wwasted my money upgrading. I also think the idea is great because I can reap the benefits without having to contribute (since i can't), which is always a big plus.

I like the idea; I'll set up a sticky for it over in the tech forum!!

Back
Top Bottom