Dual core poor performance.

saguy

Traveler
My first post so "Hi all"

I just bought the game the other day after seeing some screens on another forum and have been pleasantly surprised with the world and gameplay. I am however experiencing performance issues. The game does not run smoothly and hitches, especially in combat.

I have read some posts on this forum that the game runs poorly on dual cores which is surprising considering the recommended specs are Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz. I don't think it has anything to do with memory or my graphics card as they hardly being utilized.

Anyone with a dual core running the game OK and are there any solutions.

my specs:]Core 2 Duo E8400 @4000, 4GB DDR2, GTX 560 Ti, Xonar D1, Vista 64

That is strong dual core processor(and entire configuration overall) it shouldn't have problems with any game on any quality setting at all.Precursors is full of bugs did you try unofficial patch?

Might be that the code is not fully optimized for certain types of dual core processors. You might want to try to run it on one core and see if that makes any difference. Also the overclock on your cpu (and I guess mem as well) could cause problems, try to run it on stock to see what happens.

The above are under the statement of running all the latest drivers, etc.

I don't think its the overclock as my PC tends to run all my games without issue, well apart from GTA4, Arma2 and Crysis 2 which are well known for not being dual core friendly. Anyway I am going to leave the overclock alone as its been such a long time since I've been in my bios and I run the risk of messing things up.

I have been playing around with the settings and have turned off dynamic shadows and capped the frame rate to 35 and the game is far smoother, definitely playable. Not sure what worked. I will play around a bit more.

That's something I have not tried. I will install it on XP and see what happens.

Where is the Vista save game location as I have reinstalled on XP and wish to continue where I left off. I have checked the public documents and installation directory and nothing.

edit: Oops the save location was inr the public documents folder all along.
Running the game on XP has completely resolved all performance issues and mouse aiming is now silky smooth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom