Original Sin Fundraiser - We Need Your Input

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
I've sent out e-mails to everybody who donated $10 or more to our Original Sin fundraiser, to verify if you want to receive the available rewards corresponding to the amount you donated and if needed your address.
Those who have donated less than $25, but at least $10 are eligible for a digital copy of the game as well, because many who have donated more do not want their copy.
At the moment of this writing I am still missing information of 38 individuals!!
If you have donated $10 or more, but did not receive an e-mail, check your spam folder. If that does not show the mail contact me via a PM on our forumshttp://www.rpgwatch.com/show/submitnews.
More information.

I can confirm that Gmail put the email from Myrthos in my spam folder so if anyone else uses Gmail check your spam folder. Myrthos sent 2 emails out May 16th.

Thanks for the info about there being two mails. I got the first one, but the second (by my request) went to a different account and promptly ended in the spam folder :)

We are blacklisted everywhere - why?

I thought we are falling into the category "Mostly Harmless" ;)

...er from memory, that was Gorath wasn't it? :) Myrthos was NEVER harmless!! :D

Yes, GMail seems to move the mails in the spam folder even after I've marked them as "not spam".

Probably because we have a lot of bots registering and the forum sends out activation mails to them, which is often to non existing addresses. Mostly these are gmail and hotmail accounts. So gmail and hotmail probably thinks we might be spamming and blacklists us.

Just as information: we are using Botscout and according to that there are over 300 attempts to register on the forums a day. Botscout filters out most of them. Then there are some legit registrations. Most of the remaining bots coming through are handled by Corwin and Dte. Even with this it still happens that a bot is able to post, which is removed when that happens.

Haven't seen any mail, including in my spam folder/s. I contributed $20, not expecting a copy here, since I was already committed on the Kickstarter when this campaign opened - So I don't really need another copy of the game, or anything digital (Dragon Commander etc) as I am getting those from the Kickstarter rewards.

Sry, i saw it today . I will answer right now :)

Roq, I would suggest you contact Myrthos...everyone who donated at least 10$ should have received the email.

Just as information: we are using Botscout and according to that there are over 300 attempts to register on the forums a day.

Some times I do wonder, however, what a "honeypot forum" would look like : With all these bots allowed to register ...

It'd be awful, I guess. Like a pure ... cesspool.

I once saw an honest guest book of a person who helped reconstructing the Kambodian dance ... it was full of spam entries ... Such a shame ...

Didn't notice this, and yes, the mail was in junk (hotmail).
Replied.

Our old City of Heroes guild page is getting ready to close so I haven't done anything to keep up with the latest anti-bot strategy. Our forum has, oh, maybe 50 real users at most. The total number of registered users is over 30,000. All the forum categories are invite only so they register then can't post anything. The only thing they are breaking is the birthday list at the bottom.

We are blacklisted everywhere - why?
Codex imps, of course. They're everywhere. Had to pick one out of my red beans & rice yesterday.

Hmm, I didn't have the email in my inbox or junk so sent a private message with the link provided on this post.

Such a place already exists. It's called the RPGCodex.

http://www.badum-tish.com/

Codex is more of a laddish culture, where instead of just showing off about the number of women you attract, lager, football, your swear word repertoire, the size of your member etc., RPGs get an occasional mention too.

Bots do that too, as they adapt to the general context. Their adaptation is more than adequate to pass off as a Codex member.

I believe I only received one email which I replied to but was not regarding rewards (it was about the forum badge). I responded to that email. If you need more then please let me know.

I believe I only received one email which I replied to but was not regarding rewards (it was about the forum badge). I responded to that email. If you need more then please let me know.

Yes there was another one with a whole questionnaire, that should have arrived a little earlier than the on you got.

You should have received two, but if I am not mistaken you wanted the digital game + soundtrack and not the physical rewards (poster + T-shirt).

Back
Top Bottom