Dragon Age - Preview @ CVG

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Brit site CVG has a preview of BioWare's Dragon Age. It's not clear what the preview is based on and there's nothing particularly new but here's a bit on origins:
In each race, however, there are two options - rather than sticking with multiple endings, BioWare are now plumping for multiple beginnings as well - so you can start as someone who begins at the top of the tree, perhaps as a noble of acclaimed worth, and another who has an edgier background - having to drag himself up from the gutter and into the history books.

Each origin tale is set to have two hours of gameplay devoted to it, having you run into shared characters who play a role in both tales - treating you differently according to your status in the world at large.
More information.

Why isn't Bioware letting any major sites like Gamespot do a good preview?

I think they should let US do the preview!! :)

I'd sure like to know what's going on with this title. Especially with concern to the Toolset and and Standalone server. I'm not sure anyone is too interested in their IP RPG system as its just a clone of D&D. This is a complete opposite of previous hype they loaded onto us.

I find it interesting that this presumably British site is getting the first previews, from Hellgate:London, as well. Could it be their beer? :beer: :salute:

(My bold:)
NO HACK 'N' SLASH!
... Viewed from an almost top-down perspective, you'll bear witness to real-time meaty swipes, jumps, ducks, shield clashes and novel interactions with the environment (overturned tables, distraction tactics etc) - alongside the ability to pause the action, issue commands to your party and queue up spells and special attacks.

This is good.

Above all, though, BioWare are creating a world in which things connect far more than just blade on flesh. Legends, mysteries, relationships, actions and reactions ...repercussions ... All this and, so far at least, it's a game designed with PC gamers solely in mind.

This is also good.

Dragon Age is pure BioWare: ... It's the future of role-playing and it's the new messiah. Hallelujah! And indeed: yay!

Hopefully this is a little dry British humor.

( Cuz we all know that Oblivion was the future of role-playing and teh new big M...er was the future? does that make it the past?)
:p

There is nothing wrong with the game world being a carbon copy of DnD for the sake of licencing. What is wrong is that the more I hear that Dragon Age will be the next big thing, since it seems like the only PC centric RPG US developed the less exciting it all sounds, though I give credit to a few nice new and/or reinvented ideas (like the different starting areas for different characters). And it's taken years to complete, if I am not mistaken it was announced like 6 years ago. While still Bio need some more years of catching up to Duke Nukem Forever, Dragon Age should have already been releaced ages ago.

I believe DA was announced in 2004. The game is most likely to be released in 08 which gives it a development period of about 4 years, pretty much the norm for RPGs.

Plus, it's NOT US developed!! Bioware is a Canadian company and THAT makes all the difference!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom