Age of Conan - Beta Concerns Q&A @ MMORPG

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Q&A on the AoC Beta.
There are members who are complaining that (from their experiences in the Fileplanet Beta), they expect AoC to have a "rocky" launch and point to AO's launch as an example. Can you speak to this?
If you say that you surely weren’t there for the AO launch. I was, and it can’t even by a fraction compare.
We got a couple of surprises when we launched the Open Beta (which it was honestly great we found them at this point and not at launch). We also proved beyond any doubt that our server technology is rock stable once we deployed the first fix (we expected more issues, and did not get them, a very good sign). That most all (80-90%?) seem to think our core gameplay is really fun and engaging is a very nice outake, and that we have taken immersion, storytelling and audio in MMOs to a whole new level is another one, and so much more. We are on track to something special, and it’s FUN. The day we dig down because of bad news we have lost as a company. We are about learning from the things which don'tt go as well as we would have liked them to, and improving on that.
Do I think we will get a rocky launch? Any MMO launch is a major challenge, and there is always something, but I think we are looking good at the moment. We have been through the storm before, so we know what we are up against, and I think we have what it takes to make it right.
More information.

I think from today on we can just take it as fact that this will be rocky launch. If a company is not even able to provide a possibility to download at a certain point in time, and it not even able to communicate why... well... this will be a Deja Vue for everyone who witenessed the start of AO.

Yet another half-cooked game. I dont think I need one. I have hundreds of games that are fully-cooked just waiting to be played. See again in one year.

If only that preview had been in English..

It´s not really a preview. Olnigg is a satire site. Razor-sharp, but German is obviously required.

Yes it is.

Back
Top Bottom