Torchlight - Console Bound?

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
DIYgamer have Max Schaefer heavily hinting that a console port of Torchlight is in, or will be in, the works.
In a brief interview with The Rumble Pack, Torchlight CEO Max Schaefer has confirmed a very juicy detail concerning their recently released action RPG, Torchlight (which we were quoted on the retail box, btw). Now I don’t want to go raising any hopes or anything, but in the interview Max has basically confirmed that Torchlight will be coming to consoles in the future. I believe his exact words were: “We are definitely moving in that direction.”
More information.

Will this impact the upcoming Torchlight MMO/multiplayer game? Will that game still be entirely PC focused?

I'm not surprised, but I'm not so sure it will do so well given that console are practically locked @ $60 unless they're talking a DS version or maybe a PSP download.

Might be workable if they could go straight to a budget type release, like when the PSX had those green edged greatest hits(or something) re-releases, but ONLY this way as it's not a $30 or even $60 quality release. Might do OK @ $25, but TBH it's a max $20 value. Then again it apparently worked for the $2.50 value Orcs & Elves that went for what? $25?

If the MMO is anything like Torchlight, I won't even be vaguely interested in it OTOH maybe I will because IIRC they seemed to be thinking of going for a non-monthly fee approach ala Guild Wars and Minions of Mirth(gonna have to buckle down and grind out those last few levels to tri-100 one day unless the servers disappear before I get around to it).

Considering they have completely botched the Mac port that was due out in December (had one contractor that failed to produce and are now on the second) ... I don't know how they'll do with this ...

Back
Top Bottom