Mount&Blade - With Fire and Sword Patch

The patch isn't 840MB--that's the installer for the whole game. The patch is listed further down and is a mere 10MB.

dunno why you would wanna buy a mod like that when there are plenty of simliar mods for free

dunno why you would wanna buy a mod like that when there are plenty of simliar mods for free

That's my impression so far too, though I haven't logged nearly enough hours for a review. It's bigger than most any mod, but also seems a bit clumsily made, with a lot of flaws to it. I played Prophesy of Pendor right before and found it a much better total conversion (though without guns).

why would you want to buy it?--to support the devs
i've put close to a dozen hours into it and there is a whole lot different from the other to in both gameplay as well as an entirely new art direction with lots of huge cities and such. there's even some great new music. is it a must have--no, so far i think warband is the best game. but when you tire of that this is a fun game with many new elements and guns are definately not overpowered though i did try a shorthanded siege once and got slaughtered.

mods can only do so much, its kind of like blogs versus online journalism. you can only get so much stuff for free before you bleed the actual sources dry of the professionals who create the original content of which when they fold=no more good stuff.

the bar fights are a nice touch though not nearly as intense or lucrative as the arena or tourneys. i can't wait for the witcher 2 barfights though which they better still have...

if you are close enough they sometimes are, though it really depends on your game settings, your skill and level of the enemy (ie if they are armoured or a bloody bandit)
since i used crossbow in the other versions way more than the bow its not really much of a change for me other than the animations, longer reload, and thankfully the short range pistols can be reloaded while moving--nice

Back
Top Bottom