M&M: Heroes VI - Shades of Darkness Release Date

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Ubisoft announces a release date for the M&M Heroes 6 Standalone Expansion, Shades of Darkness:

Might & Magic® Heroes® VI shades of darkness release date revealed

A New Portal Opens Its Doors to the Whole Might & Magic Universe

London, UK — December 7, 2012 — Today, Ubisoft® announced the long-awaited Might & Magic® Heroes® VI standalone expansion, Shades of Darkness, set to be released on Windows® PC on the 28th February 2013.

Starring the cult hero Raelag, first introduced in Heroes V, this fully fledged standalone game will feature a new faction, Dungeon, led by the Dark Elves, and two new campaigns unveiling another piece of history in the Might & Magic Universe.

Players can also enjoy the full experience with Might & Magic Heroes VI Complete Edition, containing the enhanced game, all bonus maps & items, adventure packs, the original soundtrack of the game and the Shades of Darkness expansion, set for release on PC on 1st March 2013.

A new Might & Magic portal is now available, providing for the first time online, full details on the mythology, characters and history of the entire Might & Magic universe. As an introduction to newcomers and a reference to longtime fans, this dedicated web portal showcases the deep and unique world of the series. Fully localized in French, German, Russian and Polish, The Might & Magic portal unveils new artworks, a dynamic timeline of the universe’s mythology and history and is also a meeting point for the Might & Magic community and enthusiasts for all the hot news and updates on the franchise’s large panel of games and activities.

To jump into the Might & Magic portal, please visit: www.mightandmagic.com.
More information.

Because it's a standalone expansion does that mean no more online DRM required, as per their announcement for all new games awhile back?
If so that would be excellent news.

If that's the case, I hope it also applies to the Complete Edition that's mentioned.

Because it's a standalone expansion does that mean no more online DRM required, as per their announcement for all new games awhile back?
If so that would be excellent news.

No the gold version they talk about is already available minus the one coming out and it still uses uplay. This has been talked about before many times. You can play offline but you will miss some game content related items and other stuff. That's not going to change.

Also this would make the second release of the same gold version. Whats next platinum game of the year?

Last edited:
I wonder who made this add-on after BH went down because of Ubisoft.
I'll probably buy it because I enjoyed HoMM6.

I wonder who made this add-on after BH went down because of Ubisoft.
I'll probably buy it because I enjoyed HoMM6.

After Black Hole went down the drain Limbic Entertainment took over. They seem decent enough and I can only imagine what would have been if they were the original developers. Under Ubisoft's tight reins, I doubt something much greater would be provided though.

Any online requirement to enjoy ALL the content will stop me from buying any game, much as I relish fond memories of HoMM in the past. Oneday Ubisoft might get the message, but I ain't holding my breath, and I doubt I'm the only one not purchasing for this reason.

-Carn

Limbc did a great job with patching the game so if they're behind the addon, I'm sure it'll be good.

As for the online requirement, I've posted a few times, it's unbelievably annoying at first, but over time you get used to it. The real problem happens when the server is down, you can still play the game but you can't use your previous saves nor bonuses like dynasty weapons. And while I was still playing HoMM6 it happened every 10 days or so. Since I've finished the campaign and mission maps plus pirates DLC, I've uninstalled the game so can't be sure if they've addressed the issue in the meantime.
HoMM6 is not the only game I have that depends on uplay, I also have Anno2070 and am still playing it where if offline you can't use a specific bonus granting and storage/trade facility called Ark.
Ubisoft's story behind the whole thing is that they just don't want you to cheat singleplayer saves then use them to cheat in multiplayer games. Perhaps that's true, but also the same Ubisoft can't accept that I'll never go multiplayer in HoMM6 nor Anno2070 thus I don't care for cheats and cheaters.

And I still didn't buy Farcry3, someone here already said there is no endless mobrespawning in the game, but that was it, noone posted if the game is fun (for someone who prefers RPGs).

And I still didn't buy Farcry3, someone here already said there is no endless mobrespawning in the game, but that was it, noone posted if the game is fun (for someone who prefers RPGs).

Does Far Cry 3 use that same type of DRM?

Easy solution, do away with the multiplayer crap. I don't care if people cheat or not, that's on them if they wanna make their game worthless by being a lousy cheat, but I do care if I'm forced to log into some server. I got EQ for that!!!

Far Cry looks interesting, something I'd pay for, but if it has the same DRM, I'd rather replay an old spider game. I really really despise someone forcing me to log into their service, the more it happens the more I hate it, tbh.

-Carn

Back
Top Bottom