Pricewatch!

It wouldn't - if we're talking about Sims or Train Simulator with dozens of new DLC incoming. ;)
It also wouldn't - if we could get it for free like in case of The Witcher.

oh boy my favorite games.... NOT!

You know I never played the free Witcher DLC. I was pretty tired of back and forth and loading screens of that game by the end....

Big deal, you'll enjoy it when you replay the game in a year or two while waiting for TW3.

Rules exist just to be broken. You won't be an exception.

Now off you go and buy that season pass on GMG already! ;)

Ok so those steam trading cards are hilarious. I've made about 10 dollars in just selling off all the ones I earned by playing games and buying steam sale items. I guess I could just put it towards more sale items.

I'm not sure what are you taking about. I got some trading cards by buying dishonored and DLC, but have no clue what to do with those. Ditch them to oblivion (not the game)?

I'm not sure what are you taking about. I got some trading cards by buying dishonored and DLC, but have no clue what to do with those. Ditch them to oblivion (not the game)?

You can sell them to other players in the steam marketplace and use that money on games. Why do people pay you for them? Something about being able to make badges with it and raise their steam level - I think that's a long way of saying OCD. Anyways if you don't care about that, then just go to the community drop down and go to marketplace. Sell them there. You'll probably only get a few cents each though some can go for a dollar or two - still I'd rather have store credit than trading cards and badges and that's basically what it is.

If there are any Walking Dead fans here who are interested in the new DLC "400 Days", GameStop has it for on sale for $2.50

I purchased it, but I have to say that GameStop is a fucking joke. Even though it's a Steam game, I was required to download and install the "GameStop App" just to get the Steam key.
I simply uninstalled it as soon as I got the key, but I think it's ridiculous that I was forced to have it at all.

You'll probably only get a few cents each though some can go for a dollar or two - still I'd rather have store credit than trading cards and badges and that's basically what it is.

A few cents? Okay I didn't plan to buy a house with it, but obviously I won't be buying Sims DLC with it either.

So I'll simply let those cards to rot.

Normal edition + all DLC is less than 4€.
When we're seeing something like this from Bethesda or EA? Never? Yea...
I couldn't resist but bought a copy just to gift it to a friend.

Tempted to pick up Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition for $7.49 (also Arkham asylum GOTY edition is up for $4.99) Not an RPG, but it's supposed to be a pretty alright game I hear and it does look very good on a high end PC above and beyond how it looks on consoles.

Dark Souls is going for $7.49 right now, might be tempting if you haven't grabbed it already.

Both of those include all DLC/bonus packs.

I'm curious about Mount and Blade - they have the entire franchise for $8.74 for the next 40 hours or so (Mount and Blade, Mount and Blade: Warband + Napoleonic Wars, and Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword.) Heard people rave about the combat in that - tempted to pick it up at those prices.

Normal edition + all DLC is less than 4€.
When we're seeing something like this from Bethesda or EA? Never? Yea…
I couldn't resist but bought a copy just to gift it to a friend.

Well I did buy fallout new vegas and fallout 3 complete editions with all DLC for 4.99 US the other day so… kind of. If you're wondering why Skyrim might not have been so heavily discounted,well it's still among the top selling games during this sale as expensive as it is. It would be counter intuitive to cut a price by a factor of ten while it's selling rather well; also having only recently put out the complete compilation version it would be a particularly weird move for any publisher. As far as EA goes, they let let products die more often than they discount them that steeply (they do once every blue moon though.) They're thinking might be that deep discounts might hurt the sales of their other newer games. My thinking is they're probably wrong, they are the professional bean counters not I.

Also paid for them with those steam trading cards entirely - so if you end up with about 40 of them or so might as well sell them. You get them when playing your games during the sale too not just buying games, so they can accumulate. Though if they go back up to two dollars each then yeah might be smarter to sit on them, but since they're giving them out like candy that might not happen.

Last edited:
Careful with buying Batman, for the PC I think you need some other online service. I know at least 2 friends of mine demanded a refund after finding out the difficulties the hard way.

-Carn

Careful with buying Batman, for the PC I think you need some other online service. I know at least 2 friends of mine demanded a refund after finding out the difficulties the hard way.

-Carn

Wow thanks, yeah limited to 5 installations (5 reinstalls on the same or on various machines) and have to contact customer service if you want more. So no batman Arkham City for me, kind of defeats one of the nicest advantages of digital distribution on most steam games - the ability to pull games from your libarary and load them/unload them as you like.

Wow thanks, yeah limited to 5 installations (5 reinstalls on the same or on various machines) and have to contact customer service if you want more. So no batman Arkham City for me, kind of defeats one of the nicest advantages of digital distribution on most steam games - the ability to pull games from your libarary and load them/unload them as you like.

Sounds like SecuROM. It's really not that big of a deal, especially when you're talking about getting a pretty good game for $5.

All it does is verify the key, and it's not an online DRM. The original non-GOTY version also used GFWL if I'm not mistaken.

Risen 2 will be discounted to £3.75 in 20 minutes, community choice thing.

Does Risen 2 require Origin? I have it there, and wonder how the Risen 2 DLC bought on Steam would work with a copy I have on Origin…. Would I first have to add Risen 2 to Steam?

This is a mess…

EDIT: Yep, I can add my Origin copy to Steam.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom