Demonicon - Review Roundup #2

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here are two more reviews for The Dark Eye - Demonicon.

Examiner - No Score

It might sound like I’m picking apart “The Dark Eye: Demonicon,”but nothing could be further from the truth. I actually really enjoyed the game. There are quite a few technical areas that could use some improvement and the storyline is similar to the standard fantasy tropes, but it really was a lot of fun. “Demonicon” is a competent third-person action RPG somewhere between “The Witcher,” “Dragon Age,” and “Darksiders.” With a little bit of polish, the game could be truly great. The bottom line is, that I would definitely play the sequel.
Wolfs Gaming Blog - 2/5

All in all Demonicon ranks as a merely okay RPG, one that’s worth picking up when it pops up in a Steam sale or if you’re really a die-hard roleplaying fanatic looking for his or her next fix. The clumsy combat, poor dialogue and technical limitations of the game sadly overshadow an otherwise intriguing plot set in a dark fantasy world filled with great ideas and concepts that are never realised.
More information.

its losing me towards the end.
I mean, the church thing was written cool again.. but the decisions you take are not clear nor do you have too many
and level design falls shorter and shorter

The church thing decisions give or not give XP. Which is a shame. The game could have been an epic experience if they added more areas after the church, but here we don't see any significant later impact of our decisions which is a bit of a letdown.

And a patch would fix what? The game is not broken. Also it's not in the state where it has 356734567354785378 bugs but since it looks nice you pretend you're not annoyed. Yes, there are a few glitches, but you really need to be a nitpicker to find them.

Back
Top Bottom