The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

DDO Down 11am-1pm GMT -5 today for hotfix

Servers down 11am-1pm GMT-5. Per Cordovan:

"This hotfix will address two issues:

An issue with the quest Beyond the Rift that is preventing quest completion.
The re-distribution of the Raider's Reward Box to all characters."

So, if you didn't cash in your Raiders Boxes by now, you've missed the chance to possibly double dip.

I guess we'll find out. They gave less than 1 hours notice on it, and I didn't see it because I wasn't on, unfortunately. I had a repairman working on my internet line for a couple of hours this morning, & I was completely disconnected until 10 minutes before they went down.

As one guy said on the forums: "Good golly, you guys are just abusing the heck out of the word "scheduled" lately."

I saw the announcement when I back logged in, and had just enough time to finish making selections on the toons I hadn't already done so. By the time I was done with that, it was 11am. Hopefully everyone will get a second box regardless.

DDO is back up

They're back up. I'm d/l hotfix now. TBD as to whether I got another box.

Edit:

All my toons got a box. The box is not exclusive, so it's possible those of you who had not redeemed/moved the box still got a second one. Won't know till someone else reports back.

Last edited:
Bit of a download on the hot fix….just a heads up. Not bad one. All toons regardless of level got a box. I have LR stones coming out of my ears as well. lol

Looks as if you get a second box regardless. Jo had a toon with one in inventory, & she still got a second box.

I managed to check out my toons yesterday and only 2 had boxes and what was available did not suit either of them. Disappointing I must say. What do I do with 4 LR's for each toon I now have in my overcrowded bank!! :)

I got a double dip for all my toons. I picked 5 comms for most of my toons on my second pick since I already got the handwraps for my monk, repeater for my artificer, twilight for my clerics.

With the comms you can upgrade the weapons you picked. Then only snag is that you need 375 purple dragon knight favor to open up the vendor in Eveningstar. So maybe we can have some guild runs farming for PDK favor. The only toon I have above that level is my level 28 fighter.

We could e. g. run the Wheelon quests on heroic elite for the favor and all the other quests on epic hard. I think that should bring us to 375.

What I love about DDO is that one can download the Patch without having to log in in the first place.

Here is a list of all PDK quests and favor received from each quest if doing them or heroic elite (if possible) and epic hard (if not heroic version exists):

As you see there are 55 favor to spare so it's possible to leave out some quests like Caught in the Web (16), A Study in Sable (18) and in the Belly of the Beast (16)

DDO Game & Forum Servers are Down

The DDO servers all appear to have gone down about 10-15 mins ago. Both forums & game servers are not reachable. Jo & I were in game when we suddenly got red lag followed by the dreaded "lost connectivity" error message. Now we can't get past the "installing pre-req's" message on the client.

No idea what is going on, but hope it's not another 3 day special.

Wires cut, servers stolen ?

I once got an e-mail from Real World Records, Peter Gabriel's own label, saying that their server hardware had been stolen.

Another possibility could be construction workers accidentally cutting cables through during their digging work. Happened to a friend of mine a few weeks ago.

Worst thing which could have happened would be explosion or so. Let's hope that this isn't the case.

From their Facebook feed:

"6:50PM Update: Due to a power issue at our datacenter, all services within the datacenter lost power. For unknown reasons, the backup power systems did not properly come online causing all services to lose power and go offline. Once the power issue is resolved, we will begin the process of verifying and restoring our games and websites. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience."

Sounds really like cut cables to me.

Like every year ? ;)

Well, apparently they still haven't paid it ... they're down again.

Back
Top Bottom