Clandestine - Playthrough Diary

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Aubrielle was invited by Logic Artists to join them in a playthrough session of Clandestine, the co-op spy game in which she plays the female spy.

In my playthrough, I played as Katya, complete with fire engine red hair and flannel, as I killed my way through some warehouse in search of mysterious pieces of intel, stored on 3.5" floppy disks. Alex played as Martin, the wizard-behind-the-curtain, disabling cameras, watching my progress, alerting me to danger, and generally being a sort of deus ex machina figure. And this is the way co-op works in Clandestine - the spy does the dirty work, but all she knows about her environment is what she can see. It's nerve-wracking and even frightening at times. The hacker can see most things, either through his magic Windows 95 terminal or through the closed-circuit cameras he can manipulate, though he's limited to some extent - for instance, he can only see guards and other foes once he sees them through the cameras. The hacker can't really intervene for the spy, either, so if he sees danger, all he can do is tell the spy about it and hope she reacts in time. It really does force both players to rely on each other completely, as two halves of one operation. It's not about who can hose hordes of enemies with the most bullets. It's real teamwork - patience and cold nerves.
More information.

Great article Aubrielle. I know have much more information now about the game than I got from Gamescom.

Thank you so much! :)

Forgottenlor, in single player, you switch back and forth between hacker and spy, so in a sense it's good because you always know what you need. It still makes the game tense. Though I will concede that I think this game was designed with coop in mind.

The game sounds interesting.. to watch on Twitch as some two people play it :D

I cannot play Coop games, not enough free reliable time.

Why is it not RPG, whyyyyy... :(

Click on the link, then spot the recap on the right:
Developer: Logic Artists

SP/MP: Single + MP
Setting: Modern
Genre: Non-RPG
Combat: Turn-based
Play-time: 20-40 hours
Voice-acting: Partially voiced

:(

It's not a RPG because Alex from Logic Artists said it wasn't one :)

Sorta feels like a less humorless NOLF. If the game play comes even kinda close to NOLF, then I'm in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom