Fallout: New Vegas - Early Sales Indications

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Well that's great- with all that money they should be able to afford the manpower required to fix the save-game corruption issue (cross platform).

I have one playthrough (not finished) where I have encountered no major bugs. I had started a different playhtough a little while ago and at one point all my save games pretaining to that playthrough became corrupted (crash to desktop on loading any of them.) Even the ".bak" backups were corrupted.

The only thing that salvaged ANY of that playthrough was volume shadow copy. I was able to use Windows 7 built-in bakcup capabilities to revert to a previous version of my savegame folder so I only lost about 4 hours of gameplay instead of 24. That's pretty unacceptable.

I'm going to hold off on playing anymore until they get this fixed- and if they don't get it fixed anytime soon I'm going to change my shadow-copy settings to save folder states for my new vegas savegame folder every 30 minutes.

The first link is incorrect.

Holy smokin' Nuka-Cola! Wasn't expecting that, tbh.

Its a good boost but the game companions were a bad idea they break the endgame sometimes.I recommend playing solo_Only other problem were the lame endings you get for your character.

Hmm- it looks like the savegame corruption might be as simple as malformed header info; I've noticed a singular difference between corrupt and non-corrupt header info when looking at the binary.

Except is it a boost if everyone is pissed off at them for the bugs?

The most popular, or should I say "respected", RPGs in the past decade or so have almost always been utterly dreadful releases. I've been lead to believe it applies to Baldur's Gate (Possibly BG2 as well), Neverwinter Nights, Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines, TES III - Morrowind and a number of others.

I don't see why it's suddenly a great big evil that FO:NV has issues. As long as they do their best to fix them, then that's all that matters for now.

Thats great news. The more I play this the more I love it. Don't miss the ? and ! marks or the TAB key showing everything. Don't miss the hand-holding quests. Have to do a little thinking for a change. Just finished a great quest line with so much RPG involved - loved the ability to double cross in one quest line. Need more games like this on the market.

Not to mention the great diversity in the game when it comes to characters - great that Obsidian wasn't afraid to put some zots into a diverse and open atmosphere..

The most popular, or should I say "respected", RPGs in the past decade or so have almost always been utterly dreadful releases. I've been lead to believe it applies to Baldur's Gate (Possibly BG2 as well), Neverwinter Nights, Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines, TES III - Morrowind and a number of others.

Except for VtM:Bloodlines, I don't recall any of those releases being especially buggy.

Regarding FO:NV, I'm quite content to wait a bit longer before starting. I'm waiting for a few more mods anyways.

More reviews from whom? Just about everyone with a blog, website or even a twitter account has reviewed this. We have 3 review floods you can check out.

True. I'd trust a review from here more, and this community's posts and a nameless elsewhere. ;)

I find the more negative a review, the more information it contains and less spin, given I know how to filter out whining.

True. I'd trust a review from here more, and this community's posts and a nameless elsewhere. ;)

I find the more negative a review, the more information it contains and less spin, given I know how to filter out whining.

Filter out the whining from your "nameless" source and ..... what exactly is left?

Except for VtM:Bloodlines, I don't recall any of those releases being especially buggy.

Regarding FO:NV, I'm quite content to wait a bit longer before starting. I'm waiting for a few more mods anyways.

Well, Morrowind was said to be very unoptimized. (A term like memory leak was often heard).

Another caveat is that none of those mentioned games were initially released on console.

PC gamers are used to buggy or unoptomised games because of the wide range of possible PC system combinations. That games are unoptimized on consoles is something players of those systems are not used to.

For games, Week 1 sales are very important (but with theatre releases of movies, opening weekends seem equally important), which means a game is often bought based on brand (sequelitus), developer, publisher, previews, early reviews and hype.

The only way to buy the game based on fellow gamer experiences is to wait a month, but that means you can't join in on the interaction and sing praises for or spit venom on the game.

Back
Top Bottom