Inquisitor - Questions & Answers

Question:

Act2: Where can I find the magic hammer of Grandfather Drichtmaul ?

Answer:

Get the blacksmith's hammer @ 3014, 2900, Devil's Cavern entrance map(outside). Hit F3 to print current player coordinates

Just cast it and you and your party can fly over small chasms or lava and poison pits.
The spell doesn't last very long. The spell is working when your party members have a corona.

Just to be clear, you must have the ability to cast it too :) You must have Student level skill(6) in Magic of Miracles, have an 18 Int score, and character level 15. Other than that, just drag it to your hotbar like any other spell.

Pro tip: Don't cast Levitation when you have enemies on either side of the hazard you're crossing. Why? The spell doesn't last long and you and your companions can get caught in the hazard when it runs out. Use ranged attacks to take out nearby enemies on the other side of the hazard.

I met the requirements, I just didnt know where to make the last click.:) The UI is not always intuitive and sometimes a bit inconsistent.

That's a kind way of putting it ;) Inquisitor is amateur-ish when it comes to many things. Still, there is a deep game here with an appreciated new take on the common fantasy genre. They made some mistakes, but this game is as good or better than most of the indie titles around.

Question: Are the various gems used for anything? I have amassed quite a few garnets and rubies by now...

You can sell the gems.

Quest items are labelled in white - don't destroy them.

I seem to remember reading that you might need to keep crystals, but the rest you can sell. I store all items, that I think I might need eventually, in the secret stump just north of Hillbrandt. I've got troll bile, crystals, parts of a dagger, etc, all just in case. I also keep scrolls of spells I can't learn yet. If I wouldn't restart games so often, I'd be done with Inquisitor. Restartitis is an incurable disease for me.

Anybody have a list of yellow items are located? I think it'd be good for new players, but I haven't really written them down. Here is a list of the ones I remember:

1. Boots of Saint somebody-talk to the old man in the Inn in Hillbrandt.
2. Prosecutor's Ring-this is a quest reward after finding the Monstrance for Valerian, the Curial Inquisitor. You will need to answer 5 questions correctly, which can be done through trial and error.
3. Orc Bane-gift from Ghost king in iron mines
4. Rashgar's Fist-club from killing head orc in mines

I found David's Axe and the padded armor of some saint too, but I'm not sure where exactly. If someone remembers/wrote it down, please add it to the list.

Last edited:
My current list (Level 44 / Medium difficulty / Paladin):
Rasgar's Fist (1H)
Jad Habaal Bane (1H)
Victor's Pride (1H)
Wolf Fang (Dagger)
Snake Fang (Dagger)
Skull Crusher (2H)
Gladius Maximus (1H)
Boots of Saint Baudilino (Boots)
King David's Shield (Shield)
Dragon Mantle (Armor)
Venerius' Dream (Amulett)
Scourge of God (Ring)
Lesser Mornigstar (1H)
Baptists' Rage (Ring)
Erstwick Spike (2H)
Lizard Claw (2H)
Destroyer (2H)
Saint George's Lance (2H)
String of Death (Bow)
Girdle of Death (Girdle)
Commander Ring
Master Ring

Where's Baron Blutenreich ? - I buried his 12 wives at the royal cemetary.

Was that the quest from the hunter dude? I started over and can't remember. Did you go back to the hunter after burying them? I don't know if I finished that quest. You buried them in the family mausoleum, right? I don't know if you can bury them in an incorrect place.....

Last edited:
The baron is in the upper floor of his house - to finish the quest you have to kill him and return to Mr. Rowington.

How do you people manage to play so quickly? I've been playing since before the game was released and I'm still in act 2.

I play one game at a time, Corwin. I don't play mmo's with buddies :) I'm not nearly as far as HiddenX though. I've been reading more than playing and may never finish Inquisitor, though I think it's a hoot. I start over too much to finish most games.

I'm playing only Inquisitor right now. I'm in act 3, 100 hours in the game and still like it :)
For act 1 & 2 I had some spare time in my last holidays.

I reached Act 3, but then got interrupted by a GOG sale, bought IWD1/2 again, foolishly started playing IWD and am now deeply into that ;-) And again, I must say that playing IWD/BG etc never seems to grow old. Most of the stuff I play these days simply doesn't appeal or have much staying power - very distressing :-/

Back
Top Bottom