Bethesda Softworks - Todd Howard Interview @ IG

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Todd Howard has been quizzed at Industry Gamers in a general conversation that ranges from the Wii to QuakeCon. There's not much new for RPG fans but I found this question amusing:
IG: You mentioned Fallout, and you guys are publishing the Obsidian-developed Fallout: New Vegas. Are you overseeing that to make sure it lives up to the Fallout legacy? There was some concern about the last Obsidian developed game. I think it was for Sega, Alpha Protocol; there were some bugs and some complaints about that. I’m wondering about your relationship with Obsidian and [are you] monitoring the Fallout
TH: No, no, no; we pretty much handed it over. I think Fallout: New Vegas really benefits because the Obsidian guys are some of the original developers of Fallout. It’s a situation where they know it really well and they have the tech and everything from Fallout 3 to build on, and it was important to us. The best game is going to result from them doing the game that they want to do, and we really liked their pitch. I’ve talked to them. If they have questions about stuff, they’ll ask our opinion. We want to make it so that they can make the Fallout game that they feel is best, and at the end of the day, they know it really well. If it was somebody else, we probably might have to [say]: “Hey, no, that’s not the way it works in Fallout,” but they know it inside and out. They helped create a lot of it. It’s been a really good situation.
More information.

The interviewer is an idiot. Did he really asl Howard if he was overseeing the game to make sure it lives up to the Fallout legacy? Does he think that Bethesda created Fallout? What a moron.

What does that matter? They own the property now, so they have an interest in making sure it stays true to Fallout... whatever some people say about Fallout 3 breaking canon or whatever.

The interviewer is an idiot. Did he really asl Howard if he was overseeing the game to make sure it lives up to the Fallout legacy? Does he think that Bethesda created Fallout? What a moron.

Not really. Fallout is Bethesda's baby now. And it's a legitimate question, after what happened with Alpha Protocol. I think a lot of people are wondering the same thing.

Howard is a mouthpiece, but he's not the worst mouthpiece out there.

Back
Top Bottom