Dragon Age 2 - DLC - Item Pack - Available

aries100

SasqWatch
Chris Priestly made this thread on Bioware about the new DLC for DA2 - item packs. Here's the quote:
New item packs for Warriors, Rogies or mages are now available as DLC. You can purchase one class pack for 240 points/$3 or buy all three for 400 points/$5. Each packs contain powerful new weapons and armor for Hawke (per class), and new items for followers.

These packs are now available for Xbox 360 and PC. Available for Playstation 3 as soon as possible.
More information on the DA2 add-on page.
If you want a closer look at the item packs Xeyska in this thread mentioned an album where you can view all of the new items. Looks nice - although you'll have to pay if you want them.
More information.

LOL, selling new clothes for the dolly dress up party!!!

Would appreciate some bugfixes and then perhaps some content to fill in the gaps. Not fancy new textures and models.

This reminds me a tiny bit of The SIMs ...

Right, because getting new items through quests is too hard...

Looks like there following the MassEffect dlc model weapons and armors. Next will be companion armor dlc only for a low price of $5. Remember its item pack #1 so there is more coming.:disappointed:

Last edited:
Damn Bioware, what happened to you!? You used to be such a great company with amazing titles, and I'm sure EA has a hand in much of your horrible choices of late, but this is just LAME!

Some of those designs are pretty cool, it's a shame they are asking me to pay for them. What a joke.

This reminds me a tiny bit of The SIMs …

It reminds me of EA. When the Sims was still under Maxis they just had the base games and expansions. Then when EA came along they started pushing paying for less and less content so now they basically have people buying a T-shirt or a new hairdo ala carte.

how about instead of throwing a ridiculous ton of junk loot at the player or meaningless "achievements", put these in the game and let us find or earn them. That is, after all, part of the fun. That's what achievement in the game used to get you by way of your gameplay. and if you do it and buy these anyway, you very well may end up overpowered and mow down the entire game without effort thus ruining the experience.

Just a straight-across real world transaction for what should be earned loot, it's this type of stuff that's really disheartening to see.

LOL!

The horse armour DLC was exactly what I was thinking of. How come Benthesa got flamed while Bioware gets a free pass when they release low quality crap like this dlc?

And a very good point Sam. I feel like cheating if I use the blood dragon armor or any of those free DLC items in orgins. I'd rather work for my gear.

Btw speaking of it. I recommand the DLC Merchandise mod. I've been using it quite some time.

"Bodhan may have left Orzammar, but he still maintains his
old contacts. Just recently he recieved a shipment of new merchandise.

This mod adds replicas of 12 of Bioware's free promotional items to Bodahn's shop. Those items are newly created items using the same stats and icons as Bioware's items, but different names and descriptions.

Each of the items will only appear when its official pendant isn't already installed. So if, for example, you chose to start the game with the Dalish Promise Ring, then Bodahn will not sell the Antivan Engagement Band.

LOL!

The horse armour DLC was exactly what I was thinking of. How come Benthesa got flamed while Bioware gets a free pass when they release low quality crap like this dlc?

Judging by the response at the Bioware forums I wouldn't say they are getting a free pass.

And a very good point Sam. I feel like cheating if I use the blood dragon armor or any of those free DLC items in orgins. I'd rather work for my gear.

That is the problem with item pre-order bonuses or DLCs, if they are too uber, people complain they are cheats and if they are too weak people complain they are only good for very early on in the game and they quickly sold them and upgraded.

I'm so disappointed that I spent my hard earned money on DA2. I played about 8 hours and had enough of it. I view this item pack is an insult to the fans.

I pre-ordered DA2 because Dragon Age was a decent game and I was anxious to play the next game in the series. I won't fall for more of this crap in the future…

DA2 was a very enjoyable game for me (a hard-core RPG'er from back to the early 1980s, by the way), better than DA1. I wouldn't touch this DLC with a ten-foot pole but someone must enjoy it; either way, something which doesn't affect me (like this DLC) doesn't change my high opinion of Bioware as they've put out a whole bunch of great games.

DA2 was a very enjoyable game for me (a hard-core RPG'er from back to the early 1980s, by the way), better than DA1. I wouldn't touch this DLC with a ten-foot pole but someone must enjoy it; either way, something which doesn't affect me (like this DLC) doesn't change my high opinion of Bioware as they've put out a whole bunch of great games.

Doesn't change my opinion either da2 was terrible and not even close to dao.

It reminds me of EA. When the Sims was still under Maxis they just had the base games and expansions. Then when EA came along they started pushing paying for less and less content so now they basically have people buying a T-shirt or a new hairdo ala carte.

If Bioware can approach the cohesive delivery of The Sims 3 add-ons for its own DA2 series, it will be great. Add-ons have renewed the Sims 3 gameplay everytime so far.

Cosmetic items come better with a game like The Sims 3 than with a game like DA2. Cosmetic items blend well with ambitions careers.

Bioware are following their business plan, no matter the return they get from ground.
DA2 can already be found from online stores (box version) brand new version for around 15€. Tough on players who forked the full price at release who played a game with showstopping bugs.
5$ for cosmetic changes that add nothing to the gameplay of a game.

It does not compare to the Sims 3.

I already regret spending $50 on a new copy of DA2, so I'll be damned if I'm going to spend another cent on the game. The only thing that kept me playing the game was that I bought a digital edition, so I couldn't resell it.

Considering the workload involved in generating an item for a game like this, I think everything above 10 cents is pushing it.

Beyond that, I think this whole item-DLC/pre-order mania is completely counterproductive to the gaming experience.

Items should always be part of the world in some way, and the ENTIRE idea of the loot aspect - is that you need to work for it in some way, and that it's a genuine improvement. If you take that OUT of the game, you might as well start offering up XP as DLC.

Words can't describe how much I loathe this trend.

Back
Top Bottom