Risen 2 downloading Risen 2 now:)

It's much better than most of the review scores I've seen, imo. The only thing I really don't like so far is the stupid QTE traps. On hard difficulty, those things kill me every time unless I already know where they are.

I saw some message flash up the one time I stepped one...so what are you suppose to do? press space when you hear the 'twang'? I hate not having a manual - I'm a slow reader so I never get the messages that pop up while I'm fighting for my life or otherwise preoccupied...

Yep. You just hit 'space'. You need to react very fast or it's game over. I think I would have preferred if they had limited the traps to the dungeons. Would be nice to explore casually at times and not needing to be prepared to ninja the space button all of the frickin' time ;) .

Biggest problem so far: Save games never replace each other, so the savegames folder becomes massive after only a few hours. I'm now close to 15 hours, and my savegame folder contains over 700 savegames, at a grand total of 4,49 GB. If the game is 35-40 hours, that means 12 GB for a single run through the game.

To top it off, the savegames aren't even named, so I can't figure out which ones to keep and which ones to delete (with explorer, not in-game, that would take too long).

You can name your savegames.

You can also check the "date modified" and save games are numbered from 0000 to xxxx anyway so the last/latest ones are usually the ones with the highest number.
I have a SSD so I like to keep it clean as well. I just backed up my save games folder to my internal backup HD and manually deleted ~2.7GB of save games, only keeping the most recent five. That was a matter of 30 seconds (if that) so it's not really a problem :) .

So a question about faction choices:

I had spent a lot of my glory on upping firearms... am I basically screwed if I want to side with the natives? Or can I still help them without learning voodoo?

So a question about faction choices:

I had spent a lot of my glory on upping firearms… am I basically screwed if I want to side with the natives? Or can I still help them without learning voodoo?

Not putting the reply in spoilers since this is a general hint. The choice of faction only influences your access to teachers and how high you can train a certain skill level. That is all. So you can keep using guns all you like. You just won't be able to max out your shooting skills if you side with the natives.
Likewise, if you side with the Inquisition you won't be able to reach the highest Voodoo ranks but you can still use it.

You can name your savegames.

Like I said, the explorer version, not in-game. Naming a savegame in-game will not give it a name in the savegame folder, it's still just a number. I don't want to manually delete 1200 savegames in-game.

You can also check the "date modified" and save games are numbered from 0000 to xxxx anyway so the last/latest ones are usually the ones with the highest number.
I have a SSD so I like to keep it clean as well. I just backed up my save games folder to my internal backup HD and manually deleted ~2.7GB of save games, only keeping the most recent five. That was a matter of 30 seconds (if that) so it's not really a problem :) .

Yes, I know. Right now, that means keeping savegame numbers above 1200. However, I also want to keep a few named savegames that I created early on - after the first few islands, before any significant choices were made. Similar to a pre-joining-a-camp save in Gothic 1 and 2.

Saves me the first five hours when I'm replaying, as I'm bound to do exactly the same stuff all over again.

Anyway, I should be able to find it by checking when the save was made, then deleting saves before and after it.

I just passed 7,5 GB of saves by the way. Someone at PB honestly didn't think of the consequences of not re-saving auto and quick saves.

You can disable autosaving. But c'mon you can delete those saves.

BTW, the reason why they might be having this excessive save game orgy is that the game seems to be suffering from random save game corruption (which has also happened to people playing the beta). If and when that happens you'll end up in the "debug room" which looks like this :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom