The "I Just Bought" thread

Pretty good actually. I think the loudest fan in my case is from the PC Power Silencer psu… which is good enough for me. I'm using a pair of Quiet Corsair SP120 fans on the h100i's radiator, though.

Although I would have preferred a push-pull fan setup, the Corsair 500r case didn't have room for it. Still, it's been fine in retrospect. Running at 4.4ghz only has me idling at 30-35C°; max-load under prime95 had me at 75-77C° …but from what I gather, that's normal for a Haswell chip (things run hot!) with 95% of the efficiency.

I read some reviews about a Noctua NH-D14 outperforming the h100i and, even if that's true, I very much prefer the minisccule case footprint of the h100i.

That is pretty good. I actually run a little hotter but that is probably because I have put all the fans at fairly modest rpm (you can practically only hear some air whoosh in a dead quiet room). I get around 39 idle on the hottest core on a 25 Celsius room. and never more than 60-63 on extended gaming sessions. I expect its quite a bit better now that the weather has cooled but I don't bother to look anymore, naturally.

I get up to 82-83 on my personal flavor of stress testing: 1-2 hours of the heavy duty 100% blend test running in tandem with a unigine benchmark so that the gfx card will put some extra heat in the case. If there are thermal problems or whea errors to be found at all on the OC they ought to come out there in my experience.

I doubt there is a lot of difference between the Noctua the Thermalright and the H100i on average. The Haswell did seem to be quite a bit hotter than even the already too hot ivy bridge so I decided to play it safe on the mature platform. Very happy with the system but it seems a decent OC is pretty doable on the Haswells too without too much noise, after all...

I was going to suggest the Noctuas for your H100i btw but you seem to have it covered :)

Yeah, I'm happy with my system as well. Overjoyed actually.

I have all my normal case fans set to intake - even the rear panel fan - and the topmounted h100i set to exhaust. This seems to work really well; the low rpms on the sp120 fans are helped by the positive pressure in the case. Plus, the rear panel intake is pumping somewhat cooler air directly into the path of the chip & radiator.

I should have never cut corners 4 years ago and gone with an AMD phenom/architecture. I usually don't upgrade chips this quickly but the poor core performance was truly pissing me off.

Hey, thanks for reminding me that maybe my relatively new laptop will be finally up to playing Supreme Commander. But I really should get a screen bigger that 17" to do it justice, I suppose.

Standard DVD version of "Despicable Me 2" : Stay away from it !
It has an only very basic menu and only 2 "Making Of" - Documentaries -
- and NONE of the short movies !
ALL of the good stuff is to be found on the Blueray version of it !
I'm very disappointed.
Especially since I don't have any Blueray player. They seem to sell not very good in Germany, still, judging from the prices they charge for Bluerays ...

Just received my PS4. Nice and everything, but I have no games :) was hoping to try it with whatever was free in the Playstation+ but their servers are overloaded now and can't log in.

Found a Risen Collector's Edition for 10 Euros. Couldn't hesitate and bought it.
It was located in an Saturn shop within a smaller town - in this particulate one, video games don't sell that well in general.

Since Amazon.com won't ship stuff to my country (what kind of cretinism is that?) I've ordered the pack of dragonballs from GB:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lujex-DragonBall-dragon-Crystal-Dragonball/dp/B007CE3ISI/

Honestly, I don't like that anime very much because of too much of episodes, but well... Those looked nice so I got 'em. And I'm very happy now when I saw them for real. The only question is where do I put them to "look nice". I mean... I don't have Jessica Alba's pic somewhere usually placed everywhere including movies just to "look nice".

Here are pics of my balls (yea, I know this is not what you've expected to see). Just so you get the feeling of the size, beside the box is a random DVD from my home collection (Hero, wuxia, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299977/ ).

289wzmu.jpg

zk4egj.jpg

akwihh.jpg

w15h5i.jpg

That's several sore and unhappy dragons.

Wow. Your balls are fantastic ^^.

Why seven? I thought they came in pairs?

I guess one of the dragons suffered from cryptorchidism (retentio testis).

pibbur who actually isn't sure if in general dragon testicles are supposed to descend or not. They do for ultima dragons, though.

Last edited:
It anyone is looking for a new Running watch ... I have the new Magellan Echo, which actually pairs with a variety of smartphone apps to act as a controller and log your data, and also has a wireless Bluetooth heart-rate monitor.

Also have just gotten the Polar RC3 GPS watch, which is a more traditional 'training computer' GPS watch, with heart-rate monitor using the ANT+ wireless protocol. Pretty solid, loads of great data, but feels rather 'old tech' compared to the Magellan. Also not sure if I would go away from my Garmin for this on a permanent basis.

Those watches sound more complicated than my PC :D

Guess I am a bit of a relic once again ;)

Attachments

• Nomos2.jpg
    Nomos2.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 54
  • cf_strap2.jpg
    cf_strap2.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 23
Cloth. Rags.

For whatever reason I couldn't find in local stores what I wanted.
Since I don't want to get scammed by ebay and aliexpress frauds, I've found a certain site with nice looking stuff, yet not expensive at all.
And tried it.

This is what I've bought for less than 60€ (it was black friday -15%):
http://www.boohoo.com/europe/mens-c...-and-jackets/toggle-hooded-coat/invt/mzz96681

And I've received it today, means you get it in two weeks, that's faster than co.uk Amazon.

And it looks exactly as advertised. Sorry, but since bloody iPhone 4 can't make a better zoom, it's impossible to make a proper selfie, and also I don't have a big mirror in my office, here are back and front looks when it's hooked:
http://i43.tinypic.com/4jrret.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/3bkmq.jpg

Means, if you want some nice nonexpensive clothes, if you don't care for ebay because of daily frauds, if you don't want to go boohoo upon receiving rags… There's the site!
boohoo.com

Last edited:
Damn GOG to magog hell !

They just made The Witcher 2 75% off and I've been watching FTL gameplay videos for a while and it's also 50% off. So I ended up buying both for 10$ total !

Now I have to play :
The Witcher (not finished as my HDD stopped working)
The Witcher 2
FTL
Shogun 2

I need more free time !!!

I need more free time !!!
You know, they could make a killing if they sold that. I don't think they'd even have to run sales to move every unit they had.

You know, they could make a killing if they sold that. I don't think they'd even have to run sales to move every unit they had.

But you could be assured there would be people complaining about not getting in on the deal due to lack of time :)

Back
Top Bottom