Things you don't need to know...

Some breaking news today:

Tarsar Lake (not pictured) is separated from its twin sister in the Kashmir Valley by a mountain. Wow (not tha game)!!!

Bo Schembechler praised Pete Newell for traveling to Iowa. We raise our glasses.

Mexican gang Los Ántrax is named after the disease smallpox

The game Wizorb was originally released for a game console, but the developers recommend using a mouse over a gamepad for the PC version.

Climbing routes on Gibraltar Rock include Crime of Passion, Illusions of Grandeur, and Rooster Carnage.

Pibbur who is still here. And in general avoid climbing routes.

William Jennens (1701–1798) was a reclusive financier who lived at Acton Place in the village of Acton, Suffolk. He was described as the richest commoner in England when he died unmarried with a fortune estimated at £2 million, which subsequently became the subject of legal wrangles in the Court of Chancery for 117 years until the entire estate had been swallowed by lawyers fee. For some of you this comes at no ssurprise.

The upcoming video game Johann Sebastian Joust has no graphics and does not even use a video screen. Something for our resident musketeer, since he seems to like very little of what the rest of us like :)

Fred Julian led Michigan in rushing in 1959 and led the New York Jets in interceptions in 1960. Something to do with cricket?

The Leningrad première of Shostakovich's Symphony No. 7 was broadcast by loudspeakers to the German forces as psychological warfare. Could have been worse. Could have been the Macarena. OTOH Germany is well known for cheesy music (Alphaville, Milli Vannilli, and that other band I can't remember (its's not Can) (it's Modern Talking, actually). Sorry I refuse to link to youtube), so …

pibbur who once again remembers why it has been decided to use lawyers in medical experiments in stead of rats. One reason being that there will be fewer protests among the public. And there are certain things rats won't do.

Something that nobody should ever hear about:

Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, American sitcom based out of Philly cited for its black comedy, season 3 episode 12 - The Gang gets Whacked. It involves the gang taking speakers when they fall from a truck, bringing them to the bar and realizing there is 25G worth of cocaine in them. Well it turns out they belong to mob who is going to whack them unless they give back the drugs or money, of course theyve already done something stupid with the drugs.
Either way, upon arriving at the country club, Charlie splits after hearing about the race horses. He goes and meets a small, strange jockey named Buster who offers him the newly available job of being a stable boy. Charlie accepts.
Buster takes Charlie to meet the guys, and they do that, and after he's done briefing Charlie one on one, he says
"And let Buster do a line off your boner."
When I heard that, I felt like Cartman in that one South Park episode where he sees the people with asses for faces, and its so funny that he never laughs again, ya know? Something so extra double ridiculous that...um...that I just overloaded.

And there is something that nobody needed to know :D

PS. Its probably the funniest show available to human eyes, honestly its so crazy funny that each episode is just a guaranteed cheese fest, I usually cant stop laughing. AND its the only show ive ever watched where I cant decide who the funniest character is. Its usually pretty easy to see who the funniest people are, or who you enjoy watching most, but damn I just dont know with Its Always Sunny

Despite the belief that the Christmas (yecchi) pickle tradition originated in Germany, it is generally unknown there. In a similar way French Fries, Rattus norvegicus and Bolivian hemorrhagic fever all belong somewhere else (preferrably USA or Australia)

Gandalf may have posed as Santa between 1920 and 1942..

Director Ken Russell created the Christmas themed A Kitten for Hitler after being challenged by Melvyn Bragg to make a film Russell himself would want to ban.

Cliff Richard's 1990 UK Christmas number one song "Saviour's Day" was succeeded by Iron Maiden's "Bring Your Daughter… to the Slaughter".

pibbur who primises he will stop posting lies in 2013

Ah, but was that last statement a LIE, since it's still 2012?!! :)

Paul Thurmond is the youngest son of sen. Strom Thurmond who was 73 years at the time of birth of his son. ST is the oldest senator ever (left office at 100 years), and holds the record for the longest filibuster ever conducted by a single senator, speaking for a total of 24 hours and 18 minutes. Cots were brought in from a nearby hotel for the legislators to sleep on while Thurmond discussed increasingly irrelevant and obscure topics, including his grandmother's biscuit recipe.

Dell Comics issued contemporaneous comic books featuring the ABC network's 1961 TV series, Follow the Sun. Dell Inc. was created after Sun Microsystems.

Norman Claxton won the South Australian National Football League twice, scored 199 not out in first-class cricket, and was inducted into the Baseball Australia Hall of Fame. A master of weird sports.

Pibbur who could talk for hours about several subjects, mostly while being alone and not interrupted by the wife.

Some peculiar things you REEAALLLLLY don't need to know:

• Pasta came to Europe with Marco Polo from China
  • Coca Cola made Santa Clause into a commercial figure
  • The word "Crap" originates from the name of a the british plumber Thomas Crapper, who btw invented the flush toilet
  • George Washington had wooden teeth
  • The great wall of China is the only humanly built structure that can be seen from the moon.
  • Drinking coffee dehydrates your body because caffeine has a diuretic effect
  • A penny dropped from the top of a skyscaper is likely to kill you if it hits you
pibbur who is afraid of being hit by toilet flush released from airplanes

I have to admit that I wasn't entirely honest yesterday, so here comes the claims that were actually true:

pibbur who actually wrote yesterday's post

Pi bur (androids auto correction of your name), I love this thread. It makes me shake my head thinking WTF and chuckle at the same time.

Pi bur (androids auto correction of your name), I love this thread. It makes me shake my head thinking WTF and chuckle at the same time.

Thank you. :)

pi bur who appreciates being appreciated

Last edited:
The Galapagos Penguin (not pictured) is outnumbered well over ten thousand to one by Macaroni Penguins, which would make a fight between the two fairly predictable, unless there's some serious level scaling at work.

Despite the destruction of its forest habitat, the Angel's Chameleon has adapted to life near roads and villages, camouflaged as cars.

Before it was moved to the opera house, the post office in Jamestown, Ohio, sometimes changed locations once per week.

Before the success of his debut LP, 2, Canadian musician Mac DeMarco, like the children of Michael Palin, participated in medical experiments for money. Based upon the quality of the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bfTTeZOrs4) he maybe should have kept his daytime job.

When he was 13, Leonard Wood created a washing machine engine-powered go-kart that reached a top speed of 25 miles per hour (40 km/h).

We're in 2013. We survived 22.12.2012 (norwegian notation).

The trout population in Mann Lake was once threatened by dangerous, lethal (probably Australian) goldfish, prompting the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife to intervene.

Aragorn of LOTR fame is a role model for the Norwegian king Harald (ver. 5.0).

Pibbur who knows chameleons in general don't use colour shifting to camouflage themselves.

Last edited:
So once upon time this dood won the princess and half the company, but what happens when you get it all? Man is born to see his best times and after that always comes decline.

Father died while all the best happened. I thought he would live forever. I wake at night knowing I die, of course thats gonna happen and all this good will be lost forever.

We each have our best times. There is nothing else you can do than enjoy them while they last. I didnt see this until i had children.

Last edited:
While I was out smoking in the cold a brown cat came to me begging to come inside. My better half and boy was sleeping, but the cat was so begging. Should I leave the cat to freeze to death or let it inside?

I felt it was mistake when I let it in. It ventured all around the apartment even the sauna and I was like what now, everyone else is sleeping and there is cat running around. But it was easy to catch, it purred, clearly someones homecat. I carried it outside. Brought it it food but it was gone. I guess I hurt its feelings.

The cat didnt have collar.

Last edited:
First a couple of standard, not very mentionable things:

• Thomas Bewick's History of British Birds (the one with the gannet) was the book thrown at Jane Eyre when she was ten.
  • Lord William Hamilton, Vice-Chamberlain to Queen Caroline of Ansbach, was so poor that the Queen described him and his wife as "handsome beggars.
  • Sydney Barnes (not pictured) took 24 five-wicket hauls in 27 Test cricket appearances. But which century? And kwhen will the start playing cricket for real?
  • Christian princes, counts and writers flocked to the court of the first Sadigura Rebbe, Avrohom Yaakov Friedman. And once again pibbur doesn't know what he's writing about.

And here's the thing you've been waiting for:
The spider genus Predatoroonops received its name after its species' similarities to the creature from Predator.

pibbur who has no problems with gannets and robins.

Sims 3 is on 75% discount on Steam.

pibbur who has never even considered giving said game a try. And who regrets if any watchers are hurt by his brutal attack of the above mentioned, unexcitidng but harmless game. There was no way around it.

Now, where did I save my 20 versions of Macarena sound files?

Well, if I didn't own it already ... teeheehee.

Back
Top Bottom