Some new Elementium Screens...

Malifax

Watchdog
Maybe it's part of the "old-schoolness", but I prefer point-buy systems over rerolling :)
I remember with fondness the times I spent half an hour clicking reroll in old Wizardry games only to overclick a reroll on a good roll pass, but I'm sure I wasn't happy at the time. It also makes it so, either stats don't matter much, or if you spend a lot of time rerolling battles might be trivial (or too hard if you just accept a standard roll).
How about gameplay shots?

Nice. I like the interface and the clear descriptions. Sounds like some interesting race variants as well. Don't think I've ever seen the "unable to grow hair of any kind" trait before. :)

I have to say point buy is a quicker approach, but I tend to enjoy the rerolling, and have been known to roll for a perfect stat for hours...but then that may not be too healthy. ;)

I too, am a reroll for hours type of person. I'm glad I'm not the only one with such an affliction. I've probably wasted over a hundred hours of my life rerolling! Point buy will save my little mouse, but I won't get to sacrifice more of my lifeforce to crpgs :)

Good stuff, looking forward to trailers and gameplay vids to come on youtube. I'd also sooner point buy as opposed to reroll, but it'll go as it goes.

Maybe....just allow for both? Let it be player choice.

Yeah, it should be simple to add in point buy; maybe roll for the number of points you get as in The Summoning.

Interesting race, I want to play with one (not that way you pervs!) now. As above, show us some gameplay shots too! Looks like a clean, intuitive interface.

Rerolling is a nightmare for me ... because I *will* spend way too long trying to get to a certain total number.

LOL, I know the feeling. I've spent many hours re rolling only to start dozing and roll right past a really awesome roll. Once in Phantasie III I rolled 3 18's, a 17, and 2 16's... GAH! In The Summoning, I rolled a 108 (you rolled a number of points to buy stats with)... best I could pull since was 106.

Point buy tends towards more generic characters statistically, but rolling over and over gets annoying. Maybe if you could auto-reroll until a certain criteria was hit.

Watch him go mad and make the system where you roll for the number of rolls you get to make when rolling for stats...which will of course lead to re-rolling that Roll...roll.

He could trap some people almost eternally...

Heh, I need to start contributing more around here! Though in the future my contributions will be far different...

Heh, I need to start contributing more around here! Though in the future my contributions will be far different...

No naked pictures, please. ;)

(joking)

Back
Top Bottom