Dark Souls II - In 20 Minutes

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
To continue the previous story on having a backlog. If you have Dark Souls II still in that backlog, here is a way to finish the game in about 20 minutes.

More information.

Damn, to abuse clipping like that? Someone has spent WAY to much time with this game just to be able to finish it in 20 mins...

Took me a 100 hours to beat it and looking at a walk through it seems I missed a bit of stuff.

@mercy, what are you waiting for them to fix. It wasn't perfect but I had no trouble playing it.

Some lameass will always find a way to cheat, then cheers himself silly while sitting in the glory of his mother's basement. Winning, at it's finest.

That was awesome. I love to see that game broken and abused like that. DS II just got killed, eat that From.

I got killed way too much in this game. There was some catharsis in seeing it whooped in 20 minutes in underwear with a giant beatdown stick.

Edit: For the record, that was hardly cheating. That was taking a game that taunts you on its cover and putting it over your knee, and giving it the treatment it deserves. Prepare to kill me? Why don't you not tie in-game speed to POV, fix your borders, and put in some logic checks for game obstacles? Then that naked guy with an enormous phallic club won't be whooping your hardest game around during his lunch break.

Implementation and QA just got taken to school.

Last edited:
Some lameass will always find a way to cheat, then cheers himself silly while sitting in the glory of his mother's basement. Winning, at it's finest.

Burress is right. It wasn't cheating. Guy got to know this game inside and out and decided to bitch slap it.

Last edited:
Granted, the amount of planning, practice, and detail this run requires is mind-boggling, I prefer speed runs where they don't use glitches, only skill. And here he uses glitches almost exclusively.

Plus I've never been a fan of such meta-gaming. Skipping all content of a content heavy game is good for laughs but at the end of the day it is content I want to play for. But that may only be me.

I don't think anyone could endure watching a speed run of this game without someone gaming the game. The requisite fragrant branch of yore and that giant soul door behind it would make it just a marathon playthrough.

One of the best speedruns I saw was a 6 minute Morrowind run that used the jump scrolls in the beginning of the game to hurdle themselves in to Red Mountain.

I think it is neat to take the gloves off and say you can't hack the game (cause then it is boring), but don't hold back either, and see what people can do.

Back
Top Bottom