DA:O User made modules

Dragon Age: Origins

DarNoor

Keeper of the Watch
I don't have the game yet, so i don't know how this will work. But, are the player made modules incorporated into the main campaign? Or are they seperate campaigns? For example, Morrowind and Oblivion mods added to the exisiting game. Is that how DA will work? Or will they be seperate from the exisiting campaign?

I don't have the game yet, so i don't know how this will work. But, are the player made modules incorporated into the main campaign? Or are they seperate campaigns? For example, Morrowind and Oblivion mods added to the exisiting game. Is that how DA will work? Or will they be seperate from the exisiting campaign?

You can do both.

I believe the campaign is there for anyone to open with the toolset, so I guess they can add/change stuff if they want.

To me, there are a few vital modules already out.
One of them decreases pickpocket cooldown from 10 seconds to 1.5 seconds. Vital!

Another allows you to respec your toon if you've made a horrible mistake. I don't use this one, but it'd be useful if you screwed up.

A third allows you to level your NPC's when you first get them, so they don't have skills you're not interested in. Vital! With this mod, I was able to make Leliana a dedicated picklock from the moment I got her. I also took away bow skills from every character because I found them weak. The bow "special" attacks almost never affect a mini-boss or higher.

A 4th is supposed to address item balance but I haven't tested it yet. I thought I'd wait til a second playthrough.

There are nude patches and better texture mods out too, that I haven't looked at yet. I'll put those in a 2nd playthrough.

I'm getting most of my mods at http://www.damods.com but Dragon age Nexus is another great site. The Bioware social pages are too bloated with other crap to be truly useful.

I'm a little afraid to use the respec one, as there seems to be some bugs stills (currently being resolved), according to the relevant thread on bioware social forum. So far, I used the console trick to - as you did - respec some of lelianna's talents and it works.

The pickpocket one, I didn't know about. Thanks, I'll definitely try it.

I have been trying the toolset for a couple of days, mainly to make new levels&area. It's kinda... disjointed, and I'm just figuring out the workflow. I'm not the only one apparently, judging from the non-existence (to my knowledge at least) of user made levels (not mods). Also, I miss a 3d model importer... being a modeler myself that's kinda frustrating... well, hope it will come out soon or I might switch to the D'jinni editor to ease my frustration.

I care little about mods that just modify game mechanics. I hope the players will create some good modules with decent stories to keep DA interesting after I finish the campaign.

I'm a little afraid to use the respec one, as there seems to be some bugs stills

I´m leisurely replaying the game with the No Follower Auto Level mod (http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4) and that one seems to work fine. Companions join without their points allocated (they have their default specializations preserved) so you can customize them right from the start.
Obviously it makes the game a tad easier, but having more character development options definitely makes my replay more interesting.

Sounds like a good one to try out.

I am dubious of the hotfix patch. Does anyone know of a fix to the dexterity bug for daggers that doesn't break something else?

I'm a little afraid to use the respec one, as there seems to be some bugs stills (currently being resolved),

I tried using it on my main character and it worked fine, I switched from shapeshifter to arcane warrior and changed some spells/skills. But when i tried using it on Zevran he lost his Assassin specalisation because I haven't learned it yet. So I have to try to get on Zevrans good side to get him to teach me… Kind of backwards… I hope they fix that bug because other than that its a really good mod.

Might try installing the HD texturers but I'm worried what it might do to performance. Other than that I'm hoping that some nice story based modules come out so there is something to play after the official campaign.

I love the respec mod. I rebuilt Morigan and Leliana for this play through, had Morigan start with CoC, Heal, the full Sleep/Horror line, and Mind Blast. Made Leli into a dual dagger/lockpicker. Cunning/Dex build. She just got Lethality, and damn is that a powerful talent. The increase to crit chance was a whopping 10%. Great for non-backstab situations.

Back
Top Bottom