Blackguards - Now Available for Mac

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Daedalic Entertainment has sent us a new press releases with information that Blackguards Early Access is now available for Mac users.

Blackguards Now Also Available for Mac

Hamburg, January 10th, 2014. Today Blackguards, Daedalic Entertainment's turn-based RPG will be available on Steam's Early Access program for Mac. This way, all Mac users can enjoy the first four chapters of the game even before the official release on January 24th.

store.steampowered.com/app/249650

Early Access allows players to play the first chapters of Blackguards months before the official release and to have a chance to influence the development process through their feedback based on pre-release builds.

Blackguards will be published chapter by chapter while in Early Access. As of now, the first four parts of the game are available. All five chapters will be made available in the upcoming weeks.

Daedalic Entertainment offers several packages for interested Early Access participants. In all cases, players will secure access to the final version of Blackguards by paying a lower price compared to purchasing the game after its official release.

Additionally, they have the opportunity to buy exclusive extras that will only be available before the official release. For $24.99/£18.99/€24.99, players receive the Standard Early Access Edition of Blackguards, including all chapters for PC at their earliest availability, and the full PC & Mac version of the game after the official release. For $34.99/£26.99/€34.99, players receive the Blackguards Early Access Deluxe Edition, an approx. 150 page artbook, and access to developer interview videos and six exclusive wallpapers. For $49.99/£29.99/€49.99, the Blackguards Early Access Contributor Edition additionally includes an appearance of the buyer’s name within the game’s credits, as well as the first Blackguards DLC and a copy of the The Dark Eye point & click adventure Chains of Satinav for free.

All additional content will be accessible once it has been completed.

The official release of Blackguards is scheduled for January, 24th 2014. The game will be available for PC & Mac, priced US$39.99/£29.99/ €39.99.
More information.

Yay, great news. Still undecided though if I try the early acccess or wait for the final game.

Might as well wait with only a couple weeks until release now. Unless early access is being sold for a discount.

early access had one day when it was very cheap during steam sale. I have to say having followed the steam forum for this game; it has been amazingly positive. It is not exactly the sort of game i like (bit linear; lack of general rpg exploration) but for the type of game it is the response has been very positive. I'll probably pick it up just to support the compnay.
-
Oh I think there was an annoucement that it is available on gog (also).

early access had one day when it was very cheap during steam sale. I have to say having followed the steam forum for this game; it has been amazingly positive. It is not exactly the sort of game i like (bit linear; lack of general rpg exploration) but for the type of game it is the response has been very positive. I'll probably pick it up just to support the compnay.
-

I was an early beta tester in closed beta. I could not believe how good it was even then (in terms of focused game play and fun tactical combat).
Perhaps because I do not have adventure game experience and contrary to others criticism, I found the narrative quite engaging and and unexpected bonus to the fun combat I was experiencing.
I have not played it since, because I want the full experience now.

After the E.A. the game will be significantly more expensive.
What i can tell you is that game feels quite finished so far.

At 25$ the early access seems like a rather good deal rather than 39.99$ at launch...The game will be to be almost 40% cheaper to make it as good a deal. That will happen eventually, but will likely take a little while before it hits such a price.

I didn't realize it was NOT released on Mac yet when I bought it ... until I finally got around to try to play a week or so ago. No biggie - I got it on the big sale, and now it is installing on my Mac and I can check it out.

-

/sign

Daedalic is indeed a company that deserves our support. They published so many gems in the last two years. They reanimated the whole point&click adventure genre (Thanks for that!) and now they proofed that they can handle a roundbased strategy RPG as well! Two thumbs up! I can't wait for the final chapter.

Back
Top Bottom