Did World War 2 screw society up?

This isn't the 1940's anymore. There's absolutely no reason for women to not work.

That sounds like corporate speak to me. If a woman doesnt want to work and look after their kids more that should be their right.

It's true that in general, households with only one parent (mother or father) are more likely to have problem kids. It's simple, a kid needs guidance, if both parents are out of sight for a long part of the day (and after a hard day work, it's easy to just 'let things go'). Now, if the mother earns more than the father, I don't see a problem with the father staying at home.

This is a good point even though i like to think men in general are better at being assholes than nurturers. But then again i have seen good nurturing men too.

I think the psychological traumas of the war, passed on by the survivors, the hatred it bred betweeen peoples, and the loss of a whole generation to desth on the battlefield had a far greater impact than working mothers. That's just in general. I don't see any support for the "working moms breed mass murderers" idea of the OP.

That sounds like corporate speak to me. If a woman doesnt want to work and look after their kids more that should be their right.

Of course they have that right. I'm talking about the belief by some that women can't or shouldn't pull their own weight. Let us know when you're ready to enter modern times.

I think the psychological traumas of the war, passed on by the survivors, the hatred it bred betweeen peoples, and the loss of a whole generation to desth on the battlefield had a far greater impact than working mothers. That's just in general. I don't see any support for the "working moms breed mass murderers" idea of the OP.

How does the psychological trauma more half a century ago affect the increase of mass murderers today? And i changed my stance a little prior to you posting this. :p It seems mental health of children fare better on higher income brackets.

There are bigger studies that counter some of her points.

Of course they have that right. I'm talking about the belief by some that women can't or shouldn't pull their own weight. Let us know when you're ready to enter modern times.

No they dont. It is near impossible to be a full stay at home mom today. It is caused by the society and governments as a whole on a monetary level. A stay at home mom suffers more anger and depression as a result. Which could be causing mental problems in kids in itself.

I don't think that increase can be traced to a simple cause anyway. But that psychological trauma can be passed to later generations is well docummented afaik. It's easy to damage your children if you are yourself damaged.

No they dont. It is near impossible to be a full stay at home mom today. It is caused by the society and governments as a whole on a monetary level. A stay at home mom suffers more anger and depression as a result. Which could be causing mental problems in kids in itself.

You seem to be changing your point from post to post. Now you're talking about something else entirely.

You seem to be changing your point from post to post. Now you're talking about something else entirely.

You are saying i cant change my stance when faced with facts that are contrary to my views?

While I think it's ludicrous to single out this issue as the primary cause of mass murderers - I do think Damian has a point about parenting and mothers.

Then again, I consider our entire world society sick and infested by materialism. So, it's not exactly a surprise that I'm against people slaving away for their paychecks instead of focusing on the things I consider important - like raising children.

Now I'm eagerly awaiting Dart's pronouncements on child rearing from his vast experience!! :) To be serious though, raising children SHOULD be one of the most important jobs in the world, but it isn't!! Parents get little to no training, most of which is total manure that is changed every few years to stay in line with current political correctness. Don't get me started, as I have VERY strong views on this issue and I can at least speak from experience, unlike may of the brain dead theoreticians who publish their vomit inducing tripe on the topic!!

Now I'm eagerly awaiting Dart's pronouncements on child rearing from his vast experience!! :) To be serious though, raising children SHOULD be one of the most important jobs in the world, but it isn't!! Parents get little to no training, most of which is total manure that is changed every few years to stay in line with current political correctness. Don't get me started, as I have VERY strong views on this issue and I can at least speak from experience, unlike may of the brain dead theoreticians who publish their vomit inducing tripe on the topic!!

Yes, I'm definitely stretching my experience by believing child raising to be important ;)

Yes, I'm definitely stretching my experience by believing child raising to be important ;)
You're missing his point. There are some things that, until you've done it, you simply can't fully understand what's involved no matter how many impressive textbooks you read (or write, for that matter). I would say armed combat would qualify, as would child rearing.

You're missing his point. There are some things that, until you've done it, you simply can't fully understand what's involved no matter how many impressive textbooks you read (or write, for that matter). I would say armed combat would qualify, as would child rearing.

No, you're missing MY point.

I'm saying raising children is important.

Are you honestly trying to say I can't know that unless I've raised children by myself?

Because that's beyond stupid ;)

Provide data on the "rise of mass murderers" or end of discussion. That means proportional statistics, not anecdotal links to modern world-wide mass-media.

As far as parenting goes, training is good, you can't be parent and work 40-70 hours per week, the more adults (like grandparents) invested in a child's life the merrier, modern insight in things like autism, borderline, dyslexia etc is insight, not political correctness.

Also regarding; "2. No more stay at home moms. 3. Children with special needs don't have mothers looking after them." <- then where is the father? This is the obvious question isn't it?

We can't celebrate a culture that glorifies incompetent men as representatives of manhood. If a man can't be a participating parent he is incompetent and not a "real men", no excuses. Tons of fathers out there who show they are completely fit at participating in their child's upbringing, nurturing their child. All my (male) friends do so and you can tell it's very important to them.

Why oh why is it always the most useless men on the planet who claim to be "real men".

Last edited:
Sadly Jemy, history and culture in many societies have proclaimed the woman to be the nurturer and the man to be the provider and for a lot it has become an ingrained truth!! For once, I actually agree with you. :)

WW2 definitely screwed things up for whitey, thanks a lot Germany.

It made nationalism and national borders (at least for predominately white/nordic/caucasian/anglo saxon/gringo/whitey) into a big bad no-no.

Just as a toss-in : Yes, Psychology slowly learns that a Trauma can *indeed* be passed on through generations - and even worse : It seemingly can affect your immune system ! - As seen in mice.
I even read in an article that it is probable that a Trauma can be passed on to following generations through the genes … At least with mice, too.
But it is still far too early to "definitively" say that. So far, everything is at a stage of "hints towards that …".

Another very interesting article I recently found presented the readers the theory of a social behaviour trying to protect people by avoiding anbything that could be dangerous to them : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_immune_system
This is seemingly far to new to be widely recognized - but if this is true, then it is an … interesting observation on human behaviour.

This quote from the article:
As for demographics, the mass murderer is typically a white male, a loner, has a college degree or some college, from a relatively stable background and from an upper-middle to middle class family.
Appears to be contradicting this statement:
Damian said:
No i blame the fact that there is an increase of mass murderers on women not being able to stay at home and look after problem children.
Although it depends on what the definition is of a relatively stable background.

This quote from the article:
Appears to be contradicting this statement:

Although it depends on what the definition is of a relatively stable background.

I thought stable background meant that the family didnt change, like a couple gets divorced goes single then marries again? I didnt think it had any bearing on work. In the article it says the mass murderers are typically loners, that implies mistrust in other people. That kind of thing needs working though, to have someone there that they can bond with imo.

That's all imo of course.

Back
Top Bottom