Baldur's Gate 2 - Still One Of The Greatest RPGs

Pretty darn good article for a Kotaku post, and yes I certainly agree with him. I also appreciate any article that encourages people to buy and play the original game with mods rather than the "Enhanced Edition".

Yeah, 100 hours sounds reasonable.

I'm actually having something of an anti-grind problem where I am right now: I'm actually worried that I'm getting too MUCH experience and may be making a lot of stuff I want to do later too easy!

This would more accurately be written as "one of my favorite RPGs of all time," as it lacks any quantifiable metrics or critical analysis that would make an opinion article anything more than baseless hyperbole.

You are so right! Baldur's Gate 2 is NOT one of the greatest RPGs. It is THE GREATEST RPG OF ALL TIME! :)

BGII is meaty, but it's not that long. It took me around 60 hours to complete without ToB.

I took 110 hours playing my first time and didn't even do all of the sidequests.

But that was when it first came out and loading times and disk swapping didn't help on the PC I played it on back then. On a modern PC there's barely any loading time.

You are so right! Baldur's Gate 2 is NOT one of the greatest RPGs. It is THE GREATEST RPG OF ALL TIME! :)
I have to give you a high five for this comment I can't resist myself. :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom