What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

I don't know if series are allowed in this thread but if they aren't I'll just delete the post.

I just heard about Brotherhood on the net and looked about what it was about on tv.com.

It's very nice. It's about two brothers, one politician and one gangster in Providence. They try to protect each other, but in the same time they make a lot of mistakes and bad things and we see a growing love/hate relationship between them.

Very nice, good actors. Nice story even if it's a bit overdone sometimes. 75% On my TV show scale.

- Kathy Bates as the nurse in the movie adaption of Stephen King's Misery.
- The dead girl from The Ring?

Well, there's one problem with that. I'm kinda leaning towards using, shall we say, desirable women of horror. I should have mentioned that, as the song will be Samhain's "Unholy Passion".

Oh, there's got to be some little dissonant breakbeat in the song somewhere. All those lovelies and then the music goes "doink" and there's Kathy.

I did the 2 Resident Evil movies over the past couple nights. Good but not great. The third one coming in theatres looks like a "Road Warrior" ripoff to me with zombies instead of barbarians.

the 2nd resident evil movie was pretty bad, though i still enjoyed it. the first one however is probably my top 25 movies of all-time. i really wouldn't mind a great milla jovovich movie as its been quite a long time.

Well, there's one problem with that. I'm kinda leaning towards using, shall we say, desirable women of horror. I should have mentioned that, as the song will be Samhain's "Unholy Passion".

Barbara Steele--from the Hammer Films of the Sixties(flashing-eyed busty brunette, played really evil chicks in Poe remakes and some Vincent Price movies)

and what about Adrienne Barbeau?

Oh, there's got to be some little dissonant breakbeat in the song somewhere. All those lovelies and then the music goes "doink" and there's Kathy.

I did the 2 Resident Evil movies over the past couple nights. Good but not great. The third one coming in theatres looks like a "Road Warrior" ripoff to me with zombies instead of barbarians.

I thought the first Resident Evil was actually pretty good, the second one...... not so much. :)

Most things related to Resident Evil have received mediocre reviews, ie: movies, books, etc.

The games themselves are great, one of my favorite series all time for consoles.

When I think of her all I can think of is Fantasy Island ...

... The plane! The plane! ...

I always visualize her as the DJ in the lighthouse in that dumb movie about the town haunted by the really cheezy ghostly pirate ship-:ahoy:-The Fog? and of course, Swamp Thing.

Ok narpet and mags, Deb Foreman and Adrianne Barbeau are in! Adrianne did her time in The Fog, Creepshow, and Swamp Thing. Barbara Steele was already in, she was one of the first actually. She is legend to the gothic horror world, that's for sure.

Arhu, Ive been wanting to get my paws on Battle Royale for quite some time, but I just havent been able to bump heads with it. That and Suicide Club. I should just order them, but I'm trying to tighten up financially. Been spending way too much lately on dvds, it adds up quick. Hurts when the film sucks too.

But everyone that's told me about it so far seems to be of the opinion that it's quality. I did like Gogo, and I think she was actually in a horror film I liked called Shikoku.

Night of the Lepus - 1972

Of all the "nature strikes back" type films Ive seen, this one has to be the most mind-blowing. Giant rabbits reproduce like mad and go on a murderous rampage across Tumbleweed Town, USA. You can literally hear them coming a mile away, their heavy feet thudding like cattle wearing bedtime slippers. They roar, they squeal, they rear back on their hind legs, frothing at the mouth. Terrifying visages of Lepus (that's latin for bunny btw) fury unleashed, splattered with the blood of their various human and livestock victims. A camp film this is not, this thing was played 100% serious by all parties involved. In fact, it was based on a novel!

The amount of blood, both human and Lepine(?), shed in this film is more than alot of slashers. There's some pretty furious rabbit vs redneck action going on here. Then the national guard is called in!

SEE the bone-chilling terror of a full-on rabbit assault!

WITNESS a sleepy mid-western town full of sleepy mid-western folks, caught unaware of their floppy-eared approaching doom!

FEEL your heart skip a beat, as Janet Leigh (yes that Janet Leigh) saves her friend from the furry jaws of death!

This is the kind of movie that I watch this stuff for, the kind only run across once every blue moon. Truly a gem of bad cinema!

Meet the Fockers (2004) - 2.5/5
We never saw the first one, and my wife's sister recommended this. It was light fun, but from what I've heard we're better not having seen the original since this is pretty much a recycle. Mild entertainment for a rainy Saturday tending to a very sick puppy.

@Samhain re:Night of the Lepus: My son and I cracked up deluxe on that one years ago. The blood smeared bunny faces in particular. (Yeah it's a weird family thing.)
The movie quality-wise is right up there with Reefer Madness and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes(tho that wasn't serious--I hope) --and Frogs. :)

@Mike--Sick puppies are as sad as sick children. Hope the prognosis is good.

@Mike--Sick puppies are as sad as sick children. Hope the prognosis is good.
While puppies get sick very fast (like kids) they also get better very fast (also like kids) ... so the only remnant is a bit more difficulty 'holding it' for longer time periods due to the medicine.

Watched The Violent Years last night. It was written by Ed Wood Jr. and it is truly, laughably bad.

It's basically about a group of upper class teenage girls who go out at night doing crimes (robbing gas stations, etc) for "kicks"...

If you love B movies... or you love Ed Wood Jr (and if you do it's obvious that you love bad movies)... this is a must see.

Meet the Fockers (2004) - 2.5/5
We never saw the first one, and my wife's sister recommended this. It was light fun, but from what I've heard we're better not having seen the original since this is pretty much a recycle. Mild entertainment for a rainy Saturday tending to a very sick puppy.

I highly recomend checking out "Meet the Parents", Fockers wasn't half as funny, and failed miserably to live up to the original.

I highly recomend checking out "Meet the Parents", Fockers wasn't half as funny, and failed miserably to live up to the original.

I think I've had enough painfully embarrassing moments and Ben Stiller playing the same role yet again for a little while ;)

Back
Top Bottom