Divinity 2 Oooookaaaaayyyyy Laiken

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch
Please spoil away.

Boy am I getting my butt handed to me in the throne room. Sassan is set to Conjure, which may have been a mistake because she appears to do very little!

I'm a level 18 warrior with 350 hp and 250 mana, have pet, level 4 whirlwind, level 5 rush attack, 2 handed damage (24-69 melee, magic damage 7-50) strength 44.

Just plain getting it handed to me even spamming potions.

thoughts?

IIRC Razakel (or whatever the demon's name is) was a lot easier to defeat than Laikan was and you only have to beat one of them. I found this out the 2nd time around - the first time involved several reloads and some language not found in all dictionaries...

If that doesn't help or work, you can always change the difficulty setting for the fight without me giving you too much grief concerning your non-heftyhefty side :p

I wish I could help but I played a mage and was level 18 when I took Laiken. For me, the trick was to use targeted spells and use jumps and rolls to avoid Laiken's attacks. It was over quickly though, as neither he nor the demon could handle the damage. I'd mage blast, start a backwards jump and fire magic missile during the jump. Laiken was missing and I wasn't :) If you have a targeted attack that can't miss, try spamming that and just avoiding Laiken altogether. The girl was fairly useless, but my creature helped by absorbing damage. I'm kinda frail in the hp department. I can't remember if the level you fight on is multi-level, but if it is the AI wants to move to your level even if it can hit you. Moving up and down is a good strategy sometimes. Both my spells were at level 5 skill too, thanks to equipment that I had equipped.

Use a lot of healing potions. Either that or use a bow. The best bow you can have at the time is the special blow you get from the hidden compartment in the chest of the loonatic on Sentinel Island (you learn of the secret compartment from the dragonelf that actually talks to you, by mindreading him).

The first time I played it, I had a rather weak warrior/mage hybrid at the time, so my best bet was to use the throne area to constantly keep Laiken out of line of sight (jumping up and down), and then firing at Razakel by constantly jumping out of his reach.

I think the little bastard and his pets will be alive a bit longer in my virtual world. I ended up getting strep and 5 minutes outdoors with this game totally exhausts me, 22 seconds in the throne room. Thanks for the suggestions folks.

Well as a Warrior with Duel wielding hammers of doom, i just told her to focus on Healing she can be delayed sometimes and if you think she may not heal you in time leap for your life and then it will kick in, if Laikens too hard for you as others have said just tackle Razakel :)

Ok, I managed to kill Razakael quite easily by hiding out of sight of Laiken, but it looks like I got scarcely a quarter of the XP for killing Razakael than I would have for killing Laiken. Anybody have any definite info on this ?

Hiding, charm, summon demon (or undead can't remember if I had the demon spell by then), summon creature. I was lucky and found a rather powerful head early on. Fireball 10 and Blast 10.

You may think I'm a pure mage by that, but you'd be wrong. My magic attack consists solely of that blast spell while the rest are pumped into two weapons proficiency. The other points are spread out to wisdom, lockpicking and a few other non-combat related skills.

You just need to hide in the corners when you get low on health. Having a lot of summons helps deflect some of the damage away from you. Concentrate on that dang demon. Once he's gone it's over. When I started getting low on health I hit the potion hotkey and went into the corner.

I passed that part on my third try.

@Rivianwitch haven't a clue about the exp. I was concentrating on my brand spanking new tower……well not so new, but new to me :)

Ah, ok - wait an easy way to find out, I realised, was to write down my exp after the battle, and save.
Then reload my save from before the battle, and compare.

Seems my exp increased by about 6 000! Hopefully that's about right?
Mmm, I don't know why it seemed less to me.

Anyway, on to try and master the being a dragon thing. Sadly I died quite soonish, but I've been clumsy with not realising I can actually assign myself more attacks than just fireball.

Gee, I really feel thrown into the deep end as a dragon. It's a long time since I did that other short stint they give you earlier in the game.

Circle around the towers as you attack. Take out those dang nests as fast as possible. Fireball the annoying insects and boost heal as fast as you can.

That's what I did and it worked out ok for me.

Still don't care for the dragon battle part, but I do love jumping off a cliff and transforming :D

Listen, Skavenhorde, can you remember which skill you invested your extra point in right when your started off as a dragon? Boo, I was doing so ok for a while there, I got most of those towers down, and now suddenly I got killed again..

EDIT: Ok, concentrated on dragonbreath, and, like you said, Skavenhorde, took out the nest towers, and all is history! :D Thanks!

Last edited:
When I first became a dragon I got a little of everything except shield. I can't remember the exact names, but I put 1 point in firebreath, 1 in fireball, 1 in summons, 1 in heal…..and I think that's about it. I had some armor as well. One that boosted my health and another that boosted my firebreath.

Those nests are the key since taking out those annoying insect-like-things is a real chore with such a default short range weapon like firebreath and they can do some real damage once you get a few of them on the screen. Fireball is the only way I can kill them.

Back
Top Bottom