Gothic Is Gomez invincible? gothic 1.

...., you can even get into the temple, retrieve the strange sword, and get back out again without getting killed, and with no cheating, and all in chapter-1 if you wish

You are so full of shit your breath stinks dude. Is this your followup to Chromanin?

First off, how you gonna get IN the temple?? The teleport scroll will not work, neither will using the statue. Ok ok, you were smart enough to go get the two, and I MEAN two meatbug transform scrolls at snapper resort. With several tries you "can" get thru the gate into the temple. Keep in mind that you just wiped out the orc village in chapter 1, which is doable with light armor, a rusty two hander and strength out the ass. Then after killing the shaman you got Revenge steel.
Now you stand at the gate and whip out a meatbug transform scroll. Miracles of miracles you actually get past the gate(I've done that before too). You have probably built a decent character, let's say 100+strength, revenge steel, and light armor and you find yourself inside the orc temple. Now what?? After 7,000 reloads you clear out all the skeles, temple orcs etc. and find yourself at the gate facing Cor Boba. Sure you can beat him, but that IS as far as you will go. Period. The gate he guards, well maybe you get thru it with your last meatbug transform scroll, but for dam sure you did not get it to open by shooting the target in the spike room......that ain't gonna work yet. Look at the triggers. You can get in, kill three undead shaman, then it is game STUCK. If you somehow managed to get me, ummm, I mean Uriziel the sword......you ain't getting out. You don't have any more transform scrolls that will get you under the gates.

BTW, if any of you want a save game I have attempting to do all this sh!t....I'll glad upload it to a hosting server. Just realize that the character is UBER character for Chapter one. Hell, he is Uber character for chapter 4.

(contains Some Spoiler Bits)

This is one of my favourite gothic experiments, yet it is not a main storyline requirement of G1 as such. It is a simple explanation of getting the sword in Ch-1 for a bit of gaming fun - a challenge, there are different ways to doing this.

1. In chapter-1 when you feel strong enough and able to kill the skeletons in the fog tower as a test of your own strength, then do so and kill the 'SMoftFT' quickly so as to get his summon skeleton spell scrolls. Then get a couple of meatbug transformation scrolls, some haste potions maybe and a telekinesis scroll and learn the acrobatic skill.

2. Using the "back-way-in" method to the orc town as previously mentioned, stand on a rock ledge close to the figurine and transform to meatbug, go down the rock-face or free-fall and go through main temple portcullis gate and into the underground orc temple, cross the rift and go up the small steps to the first main hall.

3. Continuing still as a meatbug, keep left and go to the first temple guardians door, or, re-convert and kill the skeletons and the mage for even more summon skeleton scrolls, other magic spells can obviously be used during this experiment.

4. Kill the 1st guardian, arrows through the bars will do nicely or summons skeletons, press the switch and then the inner switch to enable the 1st undead priest cinematic scene and door opening - enter the 1st tomb. Summon 3 skeletons using 1 scroll and approach the priest, after his dialogue quickly dive twice to far corner of the tomb and even again as required, the skeletons will see-off the priest, you could even try enticing the priest to be crushed by the masher. Use his sword and exit the tomb.

5. Repeat this method until the second minecrawler passage gate (cinematic scene) is opened, you can now haste/run to the red blood/spike room area - summoning skeletons as required - i do it in 1 summon.

6. Skeletons cannot kill Cor Boba but the spikes will, entice him into the room using various methods, strategically summoned skeletons edging him toward to spike room will work but you must keep him out of your senses range - do not enable his dialogue process. You have to be quick, as he fights in the spike room, shoot the target while standing outside of the room (can be difficult if highlighted targets are aimed at because the arrow target switches will not highlight) - watch as the skeletons and Cor Boba meet their death. Shoot a single arrow at the now revealed hidden switch, cinematic scene opens the three switches room, complete the sequence to open Cor Boba's Gate.

7. When near to templars a meatbug will be detected and killed unless covertly circumventing around the outer walls (distract with another skeleton scroll if desired) it is possible to slowly get to the lava room. A haste potion will get you into the lava room and if done correctly will entice any following templars all the way to the lava room and they (usuall one or two) will fall into the lava and be killed - this generally only works by running along the semi-circular passagway very quickly. Strangely, templars will not normally be killed in the second spiked corridor but guardians will. It is important to realise that you are not fighting any templars or guardians mincrawlers or undead priests - you are evading them by various tactics - yet minecrawlers and skeletons can be easily killed by you if so wished, even guardians - i have no problem.

8. Kill the guardian guarding the path around the lava pool with another skeleton scroll then dive across the lava pool and stand at the door to the room on the island but not too near the spike-trapped entrance. retrieve the sword lying inside the room using the telekinesis spell - do not enter the room, too near and the undead priest will walk through the spikes (he already dead!) and attack you, yet again three skeletons can kill him. Any telekinesis-ised item will travel through rocks and walls and can be steered with left and right keyboard keys.

9. As a not too powerful character, you now have the sword. getting back is more a matter of retracing your path to the main entrance foyer' - your last meatbug spell will get you beyond the gate and quietly crawl away up and over the rocks the way you came in. All of the orcs and shamans are alive and have not been interacted with.

After playing gothic for five years and completed 65 times, i have uninstalled it and put it away for good never to be played again. It is a fantastic and original game, in it's own class it cannot be be beaten.

enjoy. ;)

Wow! 65 times!!!

After playing gothic for five years and completed 65 times, i have uninstalled it and put it away for good never to be played again. It is a fantastic and original game, in it's own class it cannot be be beaten. enjoy. ;)

I know for a fact that every time I hit a snag, you always had the answer.
Now, I know why.

65 nucking times!!! I'm only on my second. :blush:

BTW, I'd never have the guts to try your experiment. I couldn't manage such a feat. It seems so darn tough to accomplish.

Anyway, I plan on never getting rid of this game, nor the second, ever!!!
It's my favorite collection. It's too bad the third one can't work on my pc... :'(

I have to admit, that's quite a bit more than me. I think I'm roughly at 40 or so times by now, maybe slightly less. Still, it's one of those games I never get tired of. It's not too long(so I can do a quick run through it when I have a few days off), it's never boring and it has loads of different stuff you can try out, such as the infamous pickaxe game (who was the first to write a "diary" of doing that anyway? It was posted at RPGDot, but I can't recall who it was).

The problem is in step 6. After killing Cor Boba and revealing the hidden target....shooting it does nothing. The gate does'nt open and no cinematics. I tried it last night before posting. I saved the last meatbug scroll and a telekinesis scroll to get Uriziel and get out.....although I was easily strong enough to kill the undead shaman. I had built up a 100+ strength merc with light armor, light crossbow, and revenge steel. I also had plenty of summon skele scrolls and various other magic scrolls. But as I said, the hidden target does nothing when shot, so it was game over.

But as I said, the hidden target does nothing when shot, so it was game over.

You know... I don't know about you guys but I don't think you should pursue this nonsense any longer... :biggrin:

The fact of the matter is that we all love the game.
That's it, that's all... :lol:

I love the game too and hate to give it up. That's why I try different ways of playing. The no reload game was by far the hardest way to play.

Now I am wondering something. I talked to Cor Boba before gently laying him down for his eternal dirt nap. Wulf says he did not activate the dialog, killed Cor Boba, and was able to shoot the hidden target and get the cutscene. I'm wondering if in this case(being there out of sequence) by talking to him it somehow skanked being able to get the gate open. If I remember right, not talking to him in a normal game could skank the gates opening....or he would be immortal...can't remember which. That is why I DID talk to him lol.

Talking to him prematurely locks the gate I think, untill you are at a certain point(Cor Kalom running away is my guess).

I went back to a save just before meeting Cor Boba, took him out with the spike floor. The hidden target simply will not open the gate for me. In the interest of fair play....since Wulf can get the hidden target to activate the gate and cutscene.......I "k'd" thru the gate, got Uriziel and k'd back out......but not before killing everything in the temple that can die :D

Let's recap: Chapter one, killed everything on the map, went in the temple, killed everything.......oh, did I mention it is STILL chapter one :p

Still bugs me that I can't get the gate at Cor Boba to open :/ Once inside that, the other gates open fine.

The arrow target bug is fairly well known, the arrow target will not even activate by marvin ztrigger command as there is obviously no highlight (very crafty) and yet reloading to a previous save (in the temple to at least 1 prior cinematic scene, will continue and work the hidden switch with no bug, not sure why that is.

Yes its true that pc-hero's dialogue with Cor Boba changes the hostile flag and trigger to enabled - for the spike room, but just standing there in chapter-1 will get you killed, its best, after the full dialogue, to evade and run away until Cor Boba returns to his spawn point near the door - - now the flags are enabled, get him in the room any way you can and keep him occupied - six skeletons summoned beforehand are sufficent for you to shoot the target.
From now on, when Cor Boba is unactive (dead) from his spawn point location, the arrow will hit the hidden panel target switch with the very first arrow - without a doubt - for there are now no active/live opponent within bow range to lure away the arrows (but in that no-bug state).

So Uriziel, your suspicions are well founded.!! :cool:

Bug check when you load I guess :)

That's a very impressive...and insane trip you describe there.

@Arexen, that is correct.

That is the gothic true storyline answer, many players seem intent on killing - getting their revenge, yet the recipe-book-1 is an in-game hint ignored by many players...."bitterness and wisdom" are mutual opposites, even Diego advises to keep away as the guards will attack. But players will be players. The transport to old camp rune was a ploy of Xardas, for pc-hero to fall into the trap.

it was in the story line to kill gomez to get stone out of the prison so he could make your ore armor better

Of course you can free Stone if you wish, it's optional, leaving him there would make no difference whatsoever to the storyline, neither does any killing in the old camp. The ore armour upgrade is one option, there are others....?

Last edited:
thats treu, but i think for a real RPG gamer that wants to do all there is he wants to free stone so you have to kill a lot of guards, scar, raven, gomez, bartollo, that other guard of gomez so in gothic 2 NOTR it is wrong to bring raven back

kill gomez go to the dungeons get stone out, if hes working again in the smithy than talk to him and you can ask him to do some things for you, than ask if he can improve your ore armor

kill gomez go to the dungeons get stone out, if hes working again in the smithy than talk to him and you can ask him to do some things for you, than ask if he can improve your ore armor

Hello!

Oops! I killed him in my bloodlust... :lol:

Maybe I'll spare him the next time I play the game again.

Hello!

Oops! I killed him in my bloodlust... :lol:

Maybe I'll spare him the next time I play the game again.

Stone is immortal so unless you cheated he can't be killed. At least I have never been able to kill him, even after his last role in the game was over.(improving the ore armor or other gift to repay you for getting him out of the dungeon)

where is the dungeon then???

Stone is immortal so unless you cheated he can't be killed. At least I have never been able to kill him, even after his last role in the game was over.(improving the ore armor or other gift to repay you for getting him out of the dungeon)

Where is the dungeon?

I open a door behind gomez's building, a door that leads in the ground, where there is nothing but the remains of a human and a few things here and there behind barrels and boxes.

I might have hallucinated killing a character called stone.
I'm pretty sure I have seen him but I won't go against what you say.

Where is the little bugger so I can try and kill him. Besides this guy, nobody's left alive but two of gomez's maids...

Back
Top Bottom