Witcher Treatise on Red-heads and Albinos

The Witcher
You can sleep with her before that - after the party she throws in Chapter II.

I wouldn't call Shani simple minded OR conservative. She is perhaps more 'normal' than Triss - not having magical powers 'n' all, but she is just as headstrong and tenacious. You can tell by her appearance she is not conservative or old fashioned. A bit of a mismatch for Geralt in my mind because she is a normal human, and because she seems a bit too young for him.

I wouldn't call her simple-minded, either; she seems like an intelligent, self-contained woman with a passion for her career and real compassion for it. But the thing is, Geralt seems to have a yen for manipulative women: Yennefer in the books (who is genuinely, frighteningly malicious and manipulative in The Last Wish, not to mention bitter), Triss (ultimately, she uses Geralt to further the political reach of the Lodge of Sorceresses: for anyone who's not read Sapkowski, she behaves a lot like Yennefer later on), or even Abigail (who probably hopes that she can sway Geralt to her way of thinking via sexual favors).

Strangely enough, Geralt's real true love, Yennefer, is not a redhead. She's a brunette.

the age difference? don't you think the same is true for Triss? Isn't Gerald so much older than he appears because he is a witcher? and Triss is just a young sorceres too?

Not according to Sapkowski. You couldn't tell magic user's (both male and female) age just by looking at them. Above mentioned Yennefer was over ninety years old (and, originally, a hunchback) but looked to be in her mid thirties at the most. True Triss was younger than Yennefer but that's not saying much....

But didn't they mentioned it in the begin somewhere that Triss was young but powerfull?
my memory could be failing me, but I thought so

You may be right about Triss' age Titus, but I wasn't referring to actual age so much as maturity. Despite being an accomplished gal, Shani just seems young, while Triss seems older (read: more mature, more experienced, stronger prescence, and therefore more equal to Geralt).

maybe but growing up in such a little dangerous place as she lives in act 1 or even further in the city I think she might be more mature than she appears.
But you are right that Triss is more equal to Geralt then Shani.

Warning... Spoilers abound!!!!
Okay and finally I just have one question: Why are nearly all of the significant women characters (and particularly the hot ones) red-headed?!? Every one of them!!? What's with the red hair? I'm dying to know why the developers did that? Not that I mind, since I love red-haired women, but still.... WHY?

They did not! Sapkowski did! I have just finish reading 'Blood of Elves', and both Triss and Shani are in it, and they are both red-headed, Shani is discrebet as "A young medical student whit dark red hari cropped just below her ears", while Triss is discribet "- long, full locks the colour of fresh chestnuts, whit a sheen of gold, her pride and indentifying characteristic."

The most significant femals in the book are Ciri and Yennefer who are ash-blond and Raven-black.

Back
Top Bottom