Van Helsing II - Review Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I managed to find three new reviews for Neocore Games recently released ARPG game The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2.

IncGamers - 6/10

Van Helsing 2 is a near-complete title that NeoCore are clearly racing to finish in time for release day. It’ll end up a better game than the first, but will almost certainly retain some deadline-crunch bugs until a couple of patches are out of the way.
Canadian Online Gamers - 87/100

Neocore hasn’t strayed too far from what made the first game so amazing, but it has managed to add a layer of refinement by improving the some of the game mechanics, UI and visuals. While the tower defense mode did grow a bit tiresome at times, I had a lot of fun playing and the newly added features are a welcome change. I was not left disappointed by my return to Borgovia
Softpedia - 9/10

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 may not be as polished as other heavy-hitters in the genre when it comes to production value and the streamlining of its systems, but it has a lot of soul and it's not afraid to show it.
More information.

marginally misleading - 'cept for 1 6 the reviews are very positive.
-
User reviews are mostly postive but some folks (not sure how many) are getting crashes when it first start (after intro movie) and they are of course pretty pissed and giving bad reviews but even with them the user reviews seem pretty high. I really liked the first one and so I think I'll give this one a go after kb ice/fire. The only thing i dislike is the dlc model/nickel and dime.
-
Actually too many games not enough time - D:OS is June 20 and wastlenad 2 is late August. Then Pillars is what - decemeber ?

After VHI, I've learned to wait many months before buying VSII. I do appreciate the countless patches they will put out...but I'd rather it work well initially.

@you: yah, I was VERY annoyed at their nickel-and-diming DLC model too. I mean they patched VHI to make items drop for new DLC classes even if you didn't have the DLC. So suddenly you'd kill a boss and get an epic *unequippable* item! Umm, fail.

That being said, Van Helsing has such a cool world and lots of charm. I love the setting and characters. So I will get VHII someday...at a discount...when they've patched it...and when I can get all the mandatory DLC real cheap...

...Van Helsing has such a cool world and lots of charm. I love the setting and characters. So I will get VHII someday…at a discount…when they've patched it…and when I can get all the mandatory DLC real cheap…

Same. I enjoyed VH I, but this time I'll wait for all the DLC.

Same. I enjoyed VH I, but this time I'll wait for all the DLC.

As will I. And I wonder if that makes putting out so many DLCs a really good sales strategy. I also waited to buy Skyrim until after the gold edition came out. Who wants to buy a game and then pay for so many small dlcs?

I can understand for this game but with Skyrim they had 1 small dlc and the other 2 were expansion size.

Back
Top Bottom