KB: Warriors of the North - Review @ GameBanshee

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
GameBanshee's Steven Carter has written a new review for King's Bounty: Warriors of the North, and includes the Ice and Fire DLC. Here is the conclusion of the review.

If you've read all of the text in my review, then you probably already know what my conclusion is going to be. Warriors of the North is easily the worst of the King's Bounty titles, and Ice and Fire doesn't do anything to help it -- and in fact might actually hurt it. I'm not optimistic at all about the upcoming Dark Side sequel, as it looks like it's going to be the same game for yet the fourth time and might as well be called King's Bounty: The Money Grab. If you're feeling nostalgic about King's Bounty, then I'd recommend that you go back and play The Legend. There's still fun to be found there. Leave the Warriors of the North alone.
More information.

I don't agree at all with this review.

Sure they use the same engine, but Warriors of the North is a new good campaign and the Valkyries are a new idea that is fun to play with, too.

They've milked it way too much, time for a new look.

The Legend is still one of the best games I've ever played and is the only game I have played non stop for about a year.

Milking it too much? They are only about a third of a way till a full Vogeling of this baby.

I don't agree at all with this review.

Sure they use the same engine, but Warriors of the North is a new good campaign and the Valkyries are a new idea that is fun to play with, too.

Same here. Yes, WotN was probably the least exciting part of King's Bounty Saga, steam only for the first time and quite a handful of annoying bugs and annoying way of patching (i.e. you play a game, quest id broken and you can't finish it, so later on you get the patch and you have to start the game FROM THE BEGINNING !!!). So I spent 271 hours with this one and I haven't finished it on hard difficulty (I did like 80-85% of the game). Because the DLC was released recently and patched recently as well I guess I will wait for a while and jump into this one again. This game can be fun and can deliver lots of funny quests/encounters and fights are challenging as always, but if you finished all previous KB games this one doesn't have that much to offer.
However I liked the runes, new units and generally the Vikings were fun to play with and some quests were quite interesting and developing your hero gives you quite a bit of excitement as well.
I am still optimistic for the Dark Side - fans will help make this game better. And hopefully in 2015 there will be new engine....

On steam forum I am hearing good things about dark side. Warriro of the north (by a distant factor) was the worse of the bunch but I hear the ice/fire dlc actualy improved it a bit. I was mixed between the first two (legend and crossroad in that I prefer legend story/layout but prefer crossroad mechanic tweaks). I really didn't care much for warrior of the north but picked up the ice/fire dlc last week on sale and with the new patch a couple of days ago I think i'll play it.
-
I'm following hte forum comments on dark side closely (rightnow it is a bit buggy) and if it continues to be postive I'll probably bite (also it appears they are patching it 2 or 3 times a week).

Back
Top Bottom