Last game you finished, tell us about it

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (7/10)
ALOT better than the original Metal Gear. I played the fan-translated MSX version. The one that uses portraits of famous american actors :D

ALOT better than the original Metal Gear. I played the fan-translated MSX version. The one that uses portraits of famous american actors :D

JemyM - I am seriously impressed... how in the world do you finish so many games so quick???

Granted, I know that I'm slow... it can take me 1 to 6 months to finish a game (talking CRPGs here, but I'm even pretty slow with FPS games). But I have some excuses for that, mainly that my only game time falls between 11pm and 1am after I get the family off to sleep each night. :) I had much more time when I was younger, childless, and single, but I was still fairly slow at finishing games even then.

You've finished more games in about a month than I've finished all year, and then some. How the heck do you do it?

***In case there's any doubt, this post is meant as a compliment*** :biggrin:

Sam & Max Season One, Episode 4: Abe Lincoln Must Die
This was the funniest one yet ... definite major laugh out loud moments ... just starting #5 (sometimes being a reviewer has its' advantages ;) )

The M in JemyM must stand for "Machine". ^^ I'm impressed as well!

And in Mike's case, txa1265 is machine code already! We have been infiltrated by Cylons! (Yea, I'm watching too much Battlestar Galactica).

The last game I finished was NWN 2 and before that.. uh.. Serious Sam 2 (multiplayer) on New Years Eve? Ah, no, there were some small games in between, like Cave Story. I guess I'm waiting until I can afford a new system to be able to play the latest games in their full glory.

I also wonder how some of the people here seem to be able to finish 3-4 games a week.

I'm lucky to be able to finish 1 game in a weeks time. I have too many responsibilities to spend any more time than that on games.

@Arhu

So you're a BSG fan too huh? Did you watch the season finale Mon night? I've watched every episode since the beginning, it's really the only show I watch.

Last edited:
Speaking of Cylons - while I like the new series and love what they did with the Centurions, I sorely miss the IL types of old. Lucifer and Spectre were my favorite characters :(.
And the 'M' in JemyM might just as well stand for 'Mentat'...

Difficult to say. It takes a specific kind of breed to be able to just sit down many hours in front of a game. I guess most "normal" people would need to do something else when I just got warm. Im the kind of person who are able to burn up alot of hours into my narrow interest without getting tired.

But I recently lost alot of weight and started on the gym which have improved my stamina and also reduced my need for sleep. This have almost doubled the amount of hours I can play games.

But I also do not have any kids and I only have part-time studies to occupy the rest of the day. My wife waste time with her mmo's so she keeps off my back. But I actually managed 4 hours school, 2 hours math homework, 1 hour at the gym and making dinner today and still got around to finish Metal Gear 2 with a walkthrough.

I originally played the game up to the point where you need to save the cientist by listening to Morse code. Never got past that part.

As short as it was I walked away from the experience disappointed with Metal Gear Solid, since the latter was held as innovative and all that jazz... When it seemed to "borrow" heavilly from Solid Snake: infiltrating by water, the minefield and the warning prior to it, the Hind D... I'm willing to bet it might borrow other stuff but I still need to play the game.

night watch---8.5/10

had the day off so i after taking care of household things before lunch i wrapped up the last few levels this afternoon. glad i finally picked up this game as i enjoyed the movie alot. i really like the direction the game took and dispite some levels dragging on a bit this was a very well done games. smart ai, cool spells and effects, destructable environments, aparently meaningful game decisions to make, above par voice acting which is shocking for considering there was only 6 voice actors. the music was definately enjoyable nearly the entire game even though i sat through the credits so long i heard the song 3 times. all around good game that's not too long and good for the casual rpg gamer as its turn based and you can save anytime and it even remembers your camera angle and what action you are performing. if you live in a starforce bombshelter you probrably want to skip the game, but if you don't fear the reaper then i highly suggest putting this one on your list.

I just finished a game called 'Chrome.'

It's a first person shooter, and it doesn't have any of that annoying tactical stuff.

It has kind of a small inventory. But overall I thought this was a great game, and looks nice. Lot's of lengthy cut scenes though.

I just finished a game called 'Chrome.'

I liked that one as well - there was a pseudo-sequel 'Chrome Specforce' that came out a couple of years ago that was pretty nice.

Finally got my Brigand through the TQ expansion. It makes a nice package, and those who have waited to try the game will benefit from all the new additions. The actual new game content is fairly short--I'd say about one quarter or less of the original game time, but there are so many enhancements that add to the replay factor that it actually adds quite a few more actual hours of play. Good stuff!

Now maybe I can get to a few other items on my list, like Darwinia and the Lazarus mod for DS. (Well, after I get a few more characters through the game....;) )

I'm still struggling because I don't want to have to replay all of TQ to get through the expansion ... someone posted a couple of near-end save games, but they are both pure fighters, not mages, so I dunno ... it is shelved for the moment.

Finished my 5th Anniversary run of Jedi Knight II - this is one of (if not) my all-time favorite games, and I have played it ~35 times or so over the last 5 years (came out 3/26/02)

Metal Gear Solid (10/10)
Not much to say. This game has it all, including one of the best story I have seen in a computer game. The similarities to Metal Gear 2 was great. The equipment/weapons was identical and many puzzles were the same, including the morphing key. I am still happy I played Metal Gear 1 & 2 first.

Metal Gear Solid (10/10)
Not much to say. This game has it all, including one of the best story I have seen in a computer game. The similarities to Metal Gear 2 was great. The equipment/weapons was identical and many puzzles were the same, including the morphing key. I am still happy I played Metal Gear 1 & 2 first.

You played the PC version then? Did you use a gamepad?

You played the PC version then? Did you use a gamepad?

I played the PSX version in a emulator. I have two dualshock 2 controllers.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (10/10)
I was sceptical that anything could stand up to the first game, and I was sceptical to play Raiden. While the game have obvious flaws in the PC port, I judge the game based on what is what supposed to be without the port issues and that's a perfect ten. The story is absolutely fantastic. I was almost brought to tears in many scenes.

Blade Runner. A very atmospheric and involving adventure game. And I who thought Westwood only made strategy games.
Though it's an old game it's still worth playing and the graphics are generally very impressive.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Again a very atmospheric and captivating game. The graphics engine is superb for a 1930's adventure/FPS game.
It is highly recommendable though hard to finish without a heavy use of a walkthrough and if someone has problems with finishing then write to me. I had to use another person's savegame plus god mode in the last scene to finish (PC version).

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl. It has been long since I last played a game that frightened me as much as S.T.A.L.K.E.R. when exploring enclosed areas. The FX of this game are phenomenal.
It's still a bit troubled by bugs and it actually didn't take long for me to finish. I'm a bit uncertain about whether or not this game is good.

Call of Juarez. An incredibly beautiful game compared to graphics and the gameplay functioned well mixing linear and non-linear environments.
After playing Gun I would've hoped this game to be a more complex version of Gun, but it wasn't. It can't be argued as something negative though.
The control of the two main characters was a well made feature and the only downside is that it was too short.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. A very good RPG. The quests were innovative and well written, and the atmosphere was brilliant.
One very important point to criticize though, is the nature of the evolvement of the story. It is made through quests and everytime you get a quest where you need to get the help of somebody (and you do that constantly in the main quest) the in exchange for their help what you to do a quest for them. This is very ridicilous but otherwise a very good game.

Last edited:
Blade Runner. A very atmospheric and involving adventure game. And I who thought Westwood only made strategy games.
Though it's an old game it's still worth playing and the graphics are generally very impressive.

Westwood made both Legend of Kyrandia and the Eye of the Beholder series.

...minus part three (talking about EoB here). And the Lands of Lore series. And Hillsfar...

Back
Top Bottom