Gothic 3 Finally, a few questions for a GIII beginner

Anyway here's a list with all the millstones:

Millstones

If you use a millstone successful you get +5 strength. Each millstone need a certain strength.
Locations and needed strength:

Faring:
  • In the courtyard of the castle where the arena is, 250 STR needed
Geldern:
  • Opposite the south entrance, 250 STR needed
Montera:
  • In the courtyard near Kor Shach, 200 STR needed
Vengard:
  • 4 stones between the temple and the palace of King Rhobar II, 250 STR needed, map with the places
Furnace under the Hammer Clan:
  • Near the lower entrance where the orc boss is, 250 STR
  • In the camp near the entrance where Reto is, 200 STR

original by Acropolis

This list was created before CP1.7 so the needed STR or the bonus may have changed.
I used the spoiler tag because you may consider it a spoiler.

It's up to you,since you can take trophies and skins I'd take the prospector perk and the one that improves your armor protection.Increasing your life by 50% will make a huge difference early in the game.Endurance is needed only in one quest in Nordmar and I think 200 is enough.You should consider increasing your STR to 200 just to be able to lift better swords.

What does the prospector perk do ? And what kind of teacher teaches it ? Is it the smith ?
And the one that improves armour protection is from the smith as well, I reckon ?

Thanks for the help. I'll probably raise my strength more then too.
Also, how does strength affect damage done and how do weapons affect damage done ?

I even remember GI's formula of Weapon damage + (%critical hit adds strength)
How does it work in GIII ?

Prospector means that you gain more with your pickaxe when you're chopping ore, gold, sulphur, ...
I think the smith at the first rebel camp can teach you this. Improved armour is indeed from a smith too.

About the damege formula look here but maybe something changed with Alternative Balancing.

With prospector you get twice as much "stuff" from gold/ore/sulfur veins.

Last edited:
In caves.Just go to Okara and you'll find one.

Here's an example

rudaei3.png

In most caves there isn't one. I think there is a bit in Ortega's cave and offcourse near Montera and Geldern. In Nordmar you'll find them just in the open fields sometimes (I mean next to a mountain off course)

It's funny, I just found two caves with lots of those veins outside of Silden and Geldern. I didn't go to mine any of it yet, waiting until I get the skill, since you said it doubles the output.

I also finally have 204 strength. I can kill single minecrawlers now.
What kind of teachers teach mining and improved armour thingy ?

EDIT: Can you swim underwater ? and how ?

Don't you want to find something by yourself?:p
I hope we're not spoiling you
Do you know where I can find Irmak's Halberd in Silden
on the wall
Hatlod's saw ?
If Hatlod's the guy who is building a ship then his tools are in one lizard and a lurker you'll have to look around the lake.
And should I just read the stone tablets I get ?
Yup,why not?

I don't like looking around town twenty times and not finding anything...
Hmmm, I also don't like the new stealing rule, so haven't been looking inside houses for a while...
I also can't find the last piece of Firewood...

I found his hammer, which was inside a crazy looking lurker, don't know where the saw is. Do I have to kill one of those harmless lizards ?

By the way, I'm one of these youngsters who don't like these incredibly hard puzzles. I like advancing the storyline more than trying to find this little item to advance the game. I don't mind making mistakes, but trying to find something for three hours isn't my idea of fun.

I found his hammer, which was inside a crazy looking lurker, don't know where the saw is. Do I have to kill one of those harmless lizards ?
It's not in one of the little lizards,it's in their big cousins you've probably seen some big lizards in the caves of Reddock.

I've found this map
Hatlod.jpg
I think the saw is where it says "Säge"

I also can't find the last piece of Firewood...

It's somewhere in the lumber camp. There are a few bundles indoors; make sure you didn't miss them. IIRC there are actually more than the required number of them there.

By the way, I'm one of these youngsters who don't like these incredibly hard puzzles. I like advancing the storyline more than trying to find this little item to advance the game. I don't mind making mistakes, but trying to find something for three hours isn't my idea of fun.

Then forget about the quest and do something else; it's not like there's a shortage of them or something.

(BTW, "Waran mit Verstopfung" sounds way cooler than the English equivalent. Maybe I should've played the damn thing in German... If someone tells me that they've managed to sneak a Durchfall in there somewhere, I'm definitely switching!)

It's somewhere in the lumber camp. There are a few bundles indoors; make sure you didn't miss them. IIRC there are actually more than the required number of them there.

Then forget about the quest and do something else; it's not like there's a shortage of them or something.

(BTW, "Waran mit Verstopfung" sounds way cooler than the English equivalent. Maybe I should've played the damn thing in German... If someone tells me that they've managed to sneak a Durchfall in there somewhere, I'm definitely switching!)

I'm currently back in Cape Dun. I'm continuing some quests I didn't know how to solve before. I've finally met Uruk, or whatever his name is in Cape Dun.
I don't think I'm strong enough to kill all of Reddock yet though. I'm probably going to clear its caves now. Then I'll head back to Montera for unfinished quests there and so on...
I hope to get to 250 strength by then and then be able to get the smith skills.
I also want to get the next armour but it's 25K and I'm still at 12K. Might take awhile for that. After Geldern, I want to go to the Desert, south of Central Myrtana :)

Seems like a really nice place to visit ...

Also, except for selling them and for quests, what are gold nuggets, iron ore, and sulphur doing in the game ?

The Montera arena is worth at least 10k, if you haven't cleaned it out yet (a bit from the direct cash prizes, but a lot from the equipment those beaten down chaps drop). Also a bunch of easy experience with Marik for his quest.

As for gold nuggets and stuff, I do believe you named their sole two uses.

Back
Top Bottom