Dragon Age 2 - Review at PCWorld

aries100

SasqWatch
PC World has a review up. No score, but the tone is rather positive. An example:
Indeed, in doing something so dramatically different, Bioware has inadvertently given other developers and publishers all the reason in the world to keep their top franchises safe and stale — if you take risks, you'll piss off some very vocal fanboys.
The backlash would be understandable if the game was in some way inferior to the original, but, although it is a very different experience, Dragon Age 2 is a very high quality game indeed. Whereas Dragon Age was an expansive epic, Dragon Age 2 is a contained character-driven story. Hawke is a greater focus than any individual character in the original, and, thanks to some excellent writing, it has a far more dynamic and personable cast this time around.
Thanks to Otterwarden in this thread on the Bioware DA2 forums for finding this.
More information.

The backlash would be understandable if the game was in some way inferior to the original, but, although it is a very different experience, Dragon Age 2 is a very high quality game indeed.

Opinions! They're a funny thing!

Keep in mind this is also the website that made an aritcle ''10 reasons to hate PC gamers''

btw, its a slideshow

Yeah I remember that article we pc gamers are the most vile and terrible gamers around. Cant tell if it was serious or a joke gone wrong with all the backlash the site got.

I agree with the two quoted paragraphs, good stuff.

Keep in mind this is also the website that made an aritcle ''10 reasons to hate PC gamers''
http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/slides…ate_pc_gamers/
Wooo so right, elitists, pirates, mmorpg, technical whores, multiplay pvp, constantly whining (some years ago I don't feel it was like that).

Woo I almost fully agree with that, perhaps it helps that I'm not a PC player but a Mac player. :)

EDIT: Isn't this the detailed description of Codex members?

Wooo so right, elitists, pirates, mmorpg, technical whores, multiplay pvp, constantly whining (some years ago I don't feel it was like that).

Woo I almost fully agree with that, perhaps it helps that I'm not a PC player but a Mac player. :)

EDIT: Isn't this the detailed description of Codex members?

depends if your anus is sore or not

You should be aware of that a Mac is nothing but regular PC hardware bundled together with a shitty glowing apple logo and a re-branded FreeBSD distribution to go with it.
And to add insult to the injury they are absolutely worthless for modern gaming.
The most pretentious of users does not only show hypocrisy of the worst kind but also unmatched stupidity when they accuse PC gamers for being narrow minded and obnoxious.

You should be aware of that a Mac… …unmatched stupidity when they accuse PC gamers for being narrow minded and obnoxious.

PC vs. Mac - Bigger Dick Contest (you can win two ways).

Go!

The Mac vs PC was a wink, for sure, elitists, pirates, mmorpg, technical whores, multiplay pvp, constantly whining match too many PC and Mac players.

But again, to me it seems just be the perfect description of Codex standard user, possibly pcworld just targeted them.

PC vs. Mac - Bigger Dick Contest (you can win two ways).Go!

The problem with macs is the limited software selection at the consumer level. Unless you're doing work where industrial strength graphics design is the main course for your Mac, you are for all practical matters limited to net surfing, email, music and movies. And for the most part, this has been the case since the first apple computer.

I think apple's resurgence in the market is simply that apple simply recognized that net surfing, email, music and movies are exactly the features massive amounts of consumers want and not much more.

The problem with the mac, and what many mac fans fail to realize is that they over price the crap they sell.

The problem with macs is the limited software selection at the consumer level. Unless you're doing work where industrial strength graphics design is the main course for your Mac, you are for all practical matters limited to net surfing, email, music and movies. And for the most part, this has been the case since the first apple computer.

I think apple's resurgence in the market is simply that apple simply recognized that net surfing, email, music and movies are exactly the features massive amounts of consumers want and not much more.

Oh, no...I get the gist of the argument from both sides. I'm just saying it rapidly devolves into "Jets vs Sharks" chest puffing retardedness. Only geekier, and with no real resolution.

Back
Top Bottom