KOTOR I+II PC Bundle Pack

Asdraguuhl

Keeper of the Watch
As some of you may know, a PC bundle containing KOTOR 1+2 was scheduled for release yesterday on Amazon.

I loved both KOTOR games so I wouldn't mind having a Windows 7 compatible version, which they seem to be according to the info on Amazon.

But apart from that, nothing is known about this re-release. Things like Widescreen resolution support, possible DRM, additional content, HD upgrades, etc. are not mentioned at all and I cannot find any relevant info on the internet.

Does anyone here happen to know something?

Amazon Germany has it, too.
It says something with July, 19th.
40 Euros, the whole package.

The description text says, by the way, it is from "Obsidian, founded by the team behind Planescape : Torment and Icewind Dale".

Apart from that, it says absolutely nothing, apart from "SKGAMES" being the distrubutor. They are known here for distributing often older games in an budget-low-cost range.

Edit . Instead of the Amazon.com covr it merely shows 2 covers on Amazon Germany.

And the price differs a lot ,too :

20 Euros Amazon.com vs. 40 Euros Amazon.de

Amazon.co.uk seemingly doesn't have anything.

It appears to simply be a re-bundle of the original retail games. I just repurchased KotOR on Steam, and I'm waiting for a digital version of KotOR II.

Amazon Germany has it, too.
40 Euros, the whole package.

40€ ?????? What are they thinking?

It appears to simply be a re-bundle of the original retail games.

That may very well be the case considering the lack of any advertisement but then I don't understand the reason for the re-release.

I do understand it. To me, it's obvious : Re-releasing it in the wake of SW:TOR ...

I do understand it. To me, it's obvious : Re-releasing it in the wake of SW:TOR …

That has crossed my mind as well but what is the point if there is no advertisement? …..and only retail and no digital download? And if you want a reasonable amount of people to play those "old" games, I would at least expect some modernisations to make it more attractive.

That has crossed my mind as well but what is the point if there is no advertisement? …..and only retail and no digital download?

Yeah, it's curious that there's still no digital download version of KotOR II. I've never played it because I was somewhat underwhelmed by the first game, but I've been thinking of giving them another shot in the future. I have no desire to purchase a boxed version of a 2005 title though.

The pack is out - and I felt cheated :

- The package is printed in my language (that's German)
- The back of the package says : "English software with German handbooks".

What I ask myself now is this :

- Was the original KOTOR in English, too ? (I doubt it)
- If not, then we get ge an English-language game with German package printing and German handbooks ???

Why this BS... ???

I want a bundle in German language with German package printing and German handbooks - especially if the whole game had been in German language in the first place !

(Besides, this bundle is cheaper than each of the sold-again individual games ...)

Could it be that ActBlizzard still holds the German distribution rights for the German-language game and Kotick is trying to squeeze the most possible amount of money out of it by pricing each sold-again individual games with 30 Euros ? And EA having the German distribution rights for the English-language version ? And ActiBlitzzard not wanting to give it to EA ?

To distribute a German language version they first need to have a German language version.

... Ah, yes ...

What I meant is that Activision has no reason to let EA use the German loca they paid for, unless they get compensated for it.

Yes, this makes sense.
And it smells like Kotick, too.
Charging overly high prices (for a game that's so old nowdays), so that it gets squeezed out as much as possible - that's just the Kotick way.

Back
Top Bottom