D&D Online Unlimited

I'm in Cannith, just because it's the newest server (started just with the expansion a couple of weeks ago). To me, that's very important, when 1 platinum is still a lot of money (unlike old servers where old players hand out 1000 platinums to anyone who sneezes past them)

Notice: the DDO downloader installs Pando Media Booster P2P downloader. I first thought it was malware since it was still running after the install completed. It doesn't add any startup tasks in Windows and can be un-installed from the control panel -> add remove programs.

Probably won't be online until this weekend, as I have crappy life duties.

But I hope we can meet up and have fun soon ;)

im happy that the platinum seems to be flowing in the game rather freely for me thus far. I remember grinding forever on wow to make gold, I've already got 8 platinum in one roughly 3 hour gaming session doing numerous solo dungeons. Reassuring for a char like mine (ranger) that needs a bit of disposable income for arrows, I shouldnt but I always worry about that kind of thing.

Is there mob grinding in this game? I'm still questing away in the noob town, so far it's been pure dungeons / scripted encounters/instances. I'm not complaining, actually quite the opposite it's refreshing. Just wondering tho, just like working out sometimes it's good to grind out some reps to build up the bank a little and get more familiar w/ the feel of your character's capabilities and how to use them.

Appears I'm a little late to the debate concerning the F2P model for DDO.
For those of you playing or thinking about giving it a try you may find the following clears a few things up concerning Free to Play vs Subscriber (VIP).

D&D and cost/benefit analysis

Here's a listing, by level, of what quests are available for free along with the amount of favour earned. It also explains what "Favour" is, what it's used for, why you should care, and how Turbine Points work.

Getting the most out of DDO Free to Play

Hopefully some of that is useful to those sitting on the fence and those playing.

Hmm, more Knights of the Chalice or try a different DDO character build…

Ubbax
"We don't stop playing because we grow old…
We grow old because we stop playing." — George Bernard Shaw

Forgive me stupid question but I need help. I bought DDO box and I have a cd-key in there. I don't know where to activate it though :| I don't need to create new account and start playing with new characters, right? When I enter cd-key on https://myaccount.turbine.com/ I get an error:
The Product Key you entered is not valid for use. If you believe this is an error, please contact Turbine Customer Service by visiting support.turbine.com. [err: 30022]

Forgive me stupid question but I need help. I bought DDO box and I have a cd-key in there. I don't know where to activate it though :| I don't need to create new account and start playing with new characters, right? When I enter cd-key on https://myaccount.turbine.com/ I get an error:

It's likely the the reason for the error you are receiving is that European Keys do not work for North American Servers.

If what you purchased was a European DDO Retail Box then you will not be able to use it to upgrade the North American F2P with Turbine. Those boxes only work with the European Codemasters servers.

This post by Victorie, from Turbine Customer Support, probably explains it a bit better: You'll need a North American key to upgrade a NA trial with Turbine.

If things still are not clear or this is not the issue, look at her signature for contact info. Just be aware that Customer Support Accounts department is heavily backlogged. Try a post in that forum first if you need a quicker reply (this doesn't neccessarily mean solution).

Ubbax
"A man must be both stupid and uncharitable who believes there is no virtue or truth but on his own side."—Joseph Addison

Damn, I just threw away 36 PLN (~10€) :<

You can still play in the european servers, the box includes the first month, but after that you will have to pay the monthly fee.

Nah, I just wanted it to allow me selling many things at auctions not just one per day, so I could get much cash from it. Other things like quests, option to test warforged etc were just a nice addition :p That's why I'm not happy with it.

yep, been playing Risen for two days straight.

MMos are tough to get back into for me between the SP onslaught lately of Warhammer:MOC, Majesty2, and Risen it's not easy to slide back into the online thing. Even worse, I paid full price for both Majesty and Risen, 90+ dollars of game there. In the now-dire economic situation that I'm personally in (half the company has been layed off due to no work) I feel that I'd better play them or I'm gonna have to kick my own ass or something.

Well, come to think of it, if I get layed off you very well may see me in there after all.

I'm gonna play it, I enjoyed the time that I did spend in D&d-ville. Problem is that youll all be epic levels in a couple weeeks = )

A group of us are still playing once a week, but Risen is taking most of my spare time right now.

Hehe, nah, I've played very little lately. I too got caught up in Risen, and MMOs generally don't get me all excited. But it's a nice little game and I'll play it every now and again.

Our group had someone from Australia and from Norway as well as 2 from the USA and no one had lag issues unless we all did do to server lag.

Been playing DDO for almost a month now and I'm enjoying it. It get's difficult playing on some of the hard settings for quests...constant dying sucks. But I've finally figured out that you should play through a some of the big quests a few times, ie. waterworks. Almost ready to level up to 5 after doing that one three times. My slow internet connection doesn't seem to bother this game either compared to the shooter that I play online.

Still havent seen Risen in any of the stores yet in my area. I was pretty surprised by the scores for it.

Im a free player on DDO so are the rest of you free players as well? I'm trying to see how far I can go being a free player without having to pay for anything. Anyone have any hints/tips? How do I get more storage space for one thing and what do I do with items bound to me...I can't sell them and they take up space because I don't really need them. For instance I have a nice little bastard sword that I can't use since I don't have that weapon feat and don't feel like spending a feat on it. Can't sell it even though it goes for almost 10k.

Back
Top Bottom