Jagged Alliance 3 - Tidbits @ The Bear Pit

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Jagged Alliance fansite The Bear Pit has a summary of a Jagged Alliance 3 interview with new developers F3 garnered from a Russian print mag, titled Game World Navigator. It seems this attempt at JA3 will be built around a modified version of the Silent Storm engine -- head here for more.
Thanks, Maximous!
More information.

Looks great besides a few key things:

There will be no more militia training and sector defense, because players supposedly don't like micro-management. The focus will be shifted towards combat and away from economics. As for strategy, the focus will be on missions, rather than on conquering territory.

Other than that, much better than JA3d.

Changing the way turns work is a *very* bad move. Will make it much less tactical, I'm affraid.

I disagree. I like initiative deciding who goes when. Or I like it better than this side goes, then this side, etc.

There wasn't militia training in JA1. JA is all about the personalities. Given a good turn-based combat, targeting, and mercs with personalities is a big list to achieve.

It sounds like they are going to sacrifice depth. I would not be too optimistic.

I am pretty sure there was militia training in JA1, although it has been like 6 years since i played it. I know it didn't have anything like the Regular -> Veteran -> Elite system in JA2 but you could train them and use them to defend sectors. If you regard training and recruiting as being different then you would be correct also.

Training militia doesn't really add much to the game so I am not too concerned they have dropped it, although it did make defending sectors that were constantly attacked a little easier.

Back
Top Bottom