Depths of Peril - Beta Patch 1.014 Available

magerette

Hedgewitch
Soldak Entertainment is offering a beta patch, version 1.014, for both the Mac and Windows version of their action rpg Depths of Peril. It's available on their patches page, and it's worth noting this proviso:
These patches will only work with the full purchased version of the game from our website, the retail version, and the Manifesto version. They will NOT work with the Reflexive (also known as gamecentersolution), Arcade Town, TotalGaming.net/Impulse, Gamer's Gate, Mac Game Store, or Steam versions of the game.
Changelog for the beta is here.
More information.

It's nice to see they're still working on it after all this time and after Soldak released a new game. Although, I'm not sure what there is left to patch. The game ran perfectly fine without CTDs or bugs. Maybe the AI could be improved a bit, but other than that I would say it's perfect.

It is great seeing all the continuing work on this excellent game.

One of these days I need to give the Soldak games a shot, especially since it does look quite nice to still be updating this game with it being the older one.

We do try to support our games even if they are the older ones. One of the nice things about tracking down a bug in Depths of Peril (other than making DoP better) is many times it also fixes something for Kivi's Underworld. Even if it doesn't, it improves future games.

We do try to support our games even if they are the older ones. One of the nice things about tracking down a bug in Depths of Peril (other than making DoP better) is many times it also fixes something for Kivi's Underworld. Even if it doesn't, it improves future games.

We all know how and why it makes sense ... yet it is still such a rarity that we all want to give you a special 'kudos' for doing it!

Back
Top Bottom