Delver's Drop - 2D action RPG roguelike / zelda-like

Myrkrel

Sentinel
I saw this on Kickstarter today - it looks kinda interesting:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pixelscopic/delvers-drop

Quote from the Kickstarter page:
When indefinitely imprisoned high atop a towering castle complex, escape is the only option for survival and redemption. But few scoundrels will survive the Drop and live to tell the tale. The dungeons are rife with traps, monsters, and sinister secrets, awaiting the next unlucky Delver.

Delver's Drop is a 2D Action RPG with fluid physics-based movement, snappy combat, shifting dungeons, and a rogue's gallery of individually leveled character classes. With an emphasis on mystery and dynamic gameplay experiences, the game features randomization for infinite replay, enigmatic puzzle permutations to unravel, multiple narrative paths, customizable character growth, and layers of secrets to unearth.

Our game is built on inspirations from the 8 & 16-bit eras, but acknowledges contemporary progress in game design and fully utilizes current technology. The gameplay is familiar yet distinct with stunning HD visuals and snappy, fluid 360-degree control. It is accessible yet deep and tactical, and is incredibly replayable.

4325f904fc70a043ae645c5bc3c0653d_large.png

These guys were obviously very big fans of LoZ: A Link to the Past.

I used to love the 8 and 16 bit Zelda games when I was a kid, but I'm not sure if I could get into something like this now. Still, it's looks pretty good for what it is, and I hope they're successful.

Yep, I'm sure they'll find an audience. I know quite a few people who still enjoy Zelda.

Back
Top Bottom